Edit NumMax and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
axisar

Edit NumMax and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo

Post by axisar »

Hey Martin. I think there is a problem with editing values of these FluctuateMaxItemsTodo and NumMax. I trying in Search Like action. After edit, values of these variables changing. Values changing every start i guess or maybe when next run scheduled. I think then Edit clicked values of these variables have to be permanent, like RepeatEveryXMins and FluctuateRepeatEveryXMins for example. and variables values have to be clearly editable and not change values in every action restart, at least in editable config.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Edit NumMax and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo

Post by martin@rootjazz »

eh? :?:

Can you give some examples of what you mean / what happens / what you think should happen. Not sure I understand what you are reporting
axisar

Post by axisar »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:14 pm eh? :?:

Can you give some examples of what you mean / what happens / what you think should happen. Not sure I understand what you are reporting
Okay. step by step.
1. Creating SearchLike action, all settings doesnt matter instead of MaxActions and Fluctuate they will be named NumMax and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo.
lets say NumMax set to 2 and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo set to 1
2. While action not start these values 2 and 1 will be kept in config. But after start software will change both to random values lets say 1 and 1.
after next run it will set it to 2 and 0 for example. to be in working values 1-3.
3. Software keep changing these variables each time action started.
4. In case i wish to change these values lets say to 5 and 3 i click edit in actions list and i will see random values again and again. And it seem if i change em, software still keep using initial 2 and 1.

example with RepeatEveryXMins and FluctuateRepeatEveryXMins shows how it supposed to be, but in case of NumMax and FluctuateMaxItemsTodo there is no way to update values of these variables, because they not permanent in config file(click edit in action list)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Thanks for the explanation, now I understand. Yes that will happen due to setting the fluct value, other properties are used to maintain the state the numbers you see are changed each use.

But this, as you have found out will make it a problem should you want to change them.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, think have it sorted.

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin