Using one IP address for several Twitter accounts

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
coucan

Using one IP address for several Twitter accounts

Post by coucan »

Hi Martin,

The auto-delete feature is now working perfectly!

Can you tell me if I can use my home IP address to manage multiple twitter accounts? (with random posting, follow/unfollow etc...)

These accounts are legit and not spammy.

But in case, one account get banned, could the other accounts be banned as well?

Thanks for your time!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Using one IP address for several Twitter accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

coucan wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:36 am Hi Martin,

The auto-delete feature is now working perfectly!
Thanks for confirming
Can you tell me if I can use my home IP address to manage multiple twitter accounts? (with random posting, follow/unfollow etc...)
You can, but the more accounts is a bigger risk. But a lot depends on what you do with them. Running multiple accounts on home IP a couple of times a day is not the same as spamming 24x7.

Similarly, if you are trying to run adult accounts, it is not the same as if you are running your local football team's twitter.
These accounts are legit and not spammy.
That is good, but sometimes what users think is "legit" and "not spammy" isn't always the same as twitter's opinion
But in case, one account get banned, could the other accounts be banned as well?
yes that is a possibility. More so with crappy accounts on crappy proxies. With a good quality home residential IP it is less likely but would depends on what the accounts were and how they did it. It isn't a definitive, but it is a risk

Regards,
Martin