New to twitterdub Please help simple follow

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
whuuushuuu

New to twitterdub Please help simple follow

Post by whuuushuuu »

Hi, can anyone tell me how to do this with twitterdub?

So I have 20 accounts and I got 10 sources. I want each account to follow 5-10 daily and increase it to 5 daily until it reaches 50 follow limit.

Now I want to share my 20 accounts so they wont follow the same users. I want them to follow new users.

I want them to just follow and reach limit, but what I noticed is that they dont reach the limit and follow only 1-3 per day :(

I just want to know how to run this right.

Thanks.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: New to twitterdub Please help simple follow

Post by martin@rootjazz »

whuuushuuu wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:24 pm Hi, can anyone tell me how to do this with twitterdub?

So I have 20 accounts and I got 10 sources. I want each account to follow 5-10 daily and increase it to 5 daily until it reaches 50 follow limit.
Set the daily limit incrementations from right click menu for checked accounts

Then set a SHARED ACTION to run your searches. Either single searches per action, multi search or merge search, or even a spintax input. All will work. Set the action limit to be a total of 20x50 = 1000, then rely on DAILY LIMITS to limit what accounts do

Now I want to share my 20 accounts so they wont follow the same users. I want them to follow new users.
To not process duplicate items across multiple accounts, you have multiple options.

1) SHARED ACTIONS.
When you run a SHARED ACTION, the "already processed" lists for each account in the shared action is used to ensure, no item is processed if any of the accounts in the shared action have already processed the item. Additionally, the items that are processed in the shared action are recorded by all accounts and not processed by any account (in the shared action) in the future (even if an account is running a single account action)

2) Manual MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS.
On the action tabs (eg follow tab) you can select multiple accounts and select MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS. This will run a function to merge the processed items lists of all selected accounts at that point in time. Meaning no item processed by any account in the merge *already* will be processed again. This is a one-off merge, meaning the processed lists will diverge as you run more separate actions in future. Please note, if you perform this on the follow tab, only the followed processed items are merged.

3) Global processed logs - (most of the time people want this option)
Again, on the action tabs (eg follow tab) select your accounts, right click GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS > ADD
What this does is sync all select accounts togeth their processed lists. This means the synced accounts will never process duplicate items regardless of what type of actions is used (shared / single). The difference between (2) "manual merge" is that this is a permanent sync, there will never be any duplication. Again this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)

I want them to just follow and reach limit, but what I noticed is that they dont reach the limit and follow only 1-3 per day :(
Please explain what you are doing exactly (Screenshots / description) and include any logs

Regards,
Martin
whuuushuuu

Post by whuuushuuu »

Thank you so much

is this the action limit?
http://prntscr.com/sfam52

also in my single custom search, I want the account to search via URL, I will provide the profile URL with 1m followers,

so this is the search

http://prntscr.com/sfanx1

and I set all the values to 1

so this means, the account will search for a follower just 1 then follow it if all is good, then it will pause? or it will search for another user again? since I set it to repeat every 10 mins? and daily limit to 10 followers per day?

also what does Num Threads means in Follow Tab?

What does Number of Thread means in Process Tab?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

whuuushuuu wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:44 am Thank you so much

is this the action limit?
http://prntscr.com/sfam52
Sort of it. Although we don't call it the "Limit". It is the number of items the action will attempt to process. DAILY LIMITS are what you set from the ACCOUNT DETAILS form (double click an account).

You can BULK update DAILY LIMITS by checking the accounts > right click > ... DAILY LIMITS

also in my single custom search, I want the account to search via URL, I will provide the profile URL with 1m followers,

so this is the search

http://prntscr.com/sfanx1
This will NOT scrape the followers. IT will scrape the profiles who interacted with a tweet. So if you enter a profile, this does NOT work, as a profile does not have tweet interactions. Look at the input / output when you single click the option, it MUST have a tweet input and it output profiles. So if you are entering a profile input it will not work

Note, that your search will start from the beginning each repeat. If you just want to process the followers without checking for new followers, it can be better to run the search manually and then follow from the resulting results file.

To scrape the followers:
SCRAPE TAB
Custom search: followers
max_results: 100k or 200k or whatever. Maybe you can NOT scrape a million results as twitter won't let you. Also keep in mind, no real user is going to the website and scrolling through a million results, this MAY give you away you are a using a bot. Probably it is ok and twitter just stop returning results, but do keep in mind at all time what you are doing and how it may be seen by twitter

and I set all the values to 1
why? What are you trying to achieve by setting everything to 1? Again a screenshot may help here as setting everything to 1 doesn't make sense and may be the source of your issue

so this means, the account will search for a follower just 1 then follow
No, that isn't the search you built. In your screenshot above, it does not show FOLLOWERS so no followers are scraped.
good, then it will pause?
assuming your search was valid, yes it would pause for a random time as specified from min:max pause
or it will search for another user again? since I set it to repeat every 10 mins? and daily limit to 10 followers per day?
you search settings say:
find 5 results, process then, stop wait 10 minutes then start again.

Honestly there is no point really searching for 5 results and then pausing then starting again. Why did you decided to do this? Usually unless you have a good reason for an option, it is better to keep things simple.

Instead of MAX_ACTIONS = 5, why not set it to to 200, which means search for 200 results, then let your accounts process them. Meaning 10 per account.

Or set it to 500 which would be 25 per account
or 1000 which would be 50 per account

Your random pause is more than enough to delay the items being processed. The scrape 5 share them between your 20 accounts (meaning a random 5 process them) then repeat. Just like if you shake a dice 6 times, you don't get an equal distribution between the options 1 2 3 4 5 6
the same if your action does not have enough items for your accounts. It is overcomplicating something that should be simple.

scrape (n)
process the (n) with your (m) accounts
then repeat tomorrow
also what does Num Threads means in Follow Tab?
Concurrency. How many items are processed at the same time. Leave this as 1
What does Number of Thread means in Process Tab?
How many processing actions are processed at the same time (with relation to the security safety option of the SETTINGS tab (single action per account)

Regards,
Martin
whuuushuuu

Post by whuuushuuu »

omg, I learned alot, thank you so much sir for the very informative answers :)

thanks again.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:)

Let me know if you have any other questions / confusions / unsure about anything. I'm here to help :)

Regards,
Martin
Koosek

Post by Koosek »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:05 am
whuuushuuu wrote: Mon May 11, 2020 9:24 pm Hi, can anyone tell me how to do this with twitterdub?

Then set a SHARED ACTION to run your searches. Either single searches per action, multi search or merge search, or even a spintax input. All will work. Set the action limit to be a total of 20x50 = 1000, then rely on DAILY LIMITS to limit what accounts do

To not process duplicate items across multiple accounts, you have multiple options.

1) SHARED ACTIONS.
When you run a SHARED ACTION, the "already processed" lists for each account in the shared action is used to ensure, no item is processed if any of the accounts in the shared action have already processed the item. Additionally, the items that are processed in the shared action are recorded by all accounts and not processed by any account (in the shared action) in the future (even if an account is running a single account action)

On the action tabs (eg follow tab) you can select multiple accounts and select MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS. This will run a function to merge the processed items lists of all selected accounts at that point in time. Meaning no item processed by any account in the merge *already* will be processed again. This is a one-off merge, meaning the processed lists will diverge as you run more separate actions in future. Please note, if you perform this on the follow tab, only the followed processed items are merged.

Again, on the action tabs (eg follow tab) select your accounts, right click GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS > ADD
What this does is sync all select accounts togeth their processed lists. This means the synced accounts will never process duplicate items regardless of what type of actions is used (shared / single). The difference between (2) "manual merge" is that this is a permanent sync, there will never be any duplication. Again this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)

Please explain what you are doing exactly (Screenshots / description) and include any logs

Regards,
Martin
This is great! Is there a way to view the global logs for all accounts other then clicking each one by one?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Koosek wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 2:22 am
martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:05 am

1) SHARED ACTIONS.

Regards,
Martin
This is great! Is there a way to view the global logs for all accounts other then clicking each one by one?
Not possible, well it is, but it's not that useful I don't think

Export the accounts, and the information will be contained in a dictionary output for one of the columns, but as I said, I don't think it will be useful as the export has a lot of information in it that you don't want and will make it difficult to read
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, next update will be able to export the checked accounts and their global log names for the relevant tabs. Do it on the follow tab and get the global log names for follow actions, do it on like tab for global like log names etc

right click > Export Global log info

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
Koosek

Post by Koosek »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 5:36 pm ok, next update will be able to export the checked accounts and their global log names for the relevant tabs. Do it on the follow tab and get the global log names for follow actions, do it on like tab for global like log names etc

right click > Export Global log info

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
Never fail to amaze me. Thank you!