Scheduling doesn't work

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
jamberry

Scheduling doesn't work

Post by jamberry »

Hello,
looks like option "Schedule over hours" doesn't work and "Number of threads" neither.

I have 200 processes, I schedule them over 4 hours, times are set correctly, threads are set to 1 but when I click "Run" button then 100 processes starts instantly.

Here is screenshot - https://imgur.com/s6B5pkX

As you can see multiple processes started event if there is set only 1 thread. Also you can see processes are scheduled to 12:40 - 13:13 but they were already processing even if current time was 11:47.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Scheduling doesn't work

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Working fine here.

I opened app
Added 20 actions
goto PROCESSING tab,
Select all actions > right click > randomise over 10 hours
Click RUN

Nothing runs (as per new scheduled dates).

Can you detail exactly what you do if different to the above.
Also restart app and test above, does it work for you?
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

Restart helped, thank you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Glad that worked, sounds like something went wrong with the processor queue. If you notice it again, please do let me know

Regards,
Martin
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

Something is definitely wrong here.. for now scheduling works only first time after restart..

1.I restarted TD (so processing is paused)
2. At 16:07 I created 135 Follow processes
3. I used "Randomize over hours" and clicked "Start" - everything works
4. At 16:44 I clicked "Pause" and created 135 "Welcome DM" processes
5. I used "Randomize over hours" and clicked "Start" - boom - 81 "Welcome DM" processes started at once

Here you can see:
First batch of processes scheduled and works like it should - https://imgur.com/EQSOolw
Second batch started right after clicking "Start" button even while it was scheduled - https://imgur.com/WxxpaJT

Maybe would be possible to add into global settings some adjustable "Minimal delay between processes" option?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Let test what you did and see what happens here.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:59 pm Something is definitely wrong here.. for now scheduling works only first time after restart..

1.I restarted TD (so processing is paused)
2. At 16:07 I created 135 Follow processes
3. I used "Randomize over hours" and clicked "Start" - everything works
4. At 16:44 I clicked "Pause" and created 135 "Welcome DM" processes
5. I used "Randomize over hours" and clicked "Start" - boom - 81 "Welcome DM" processes started at once

Here you can see:
First batch of processes scheduled and works like it should - https://imgur.com/EQSOolw
Second batch started right after clicking "Start" button even while it was scheduled - https://imgur.com/WxxpaJT

Maybe would be possible to add into global settings some adjustable "Minimal delay between processes" option?

Just looked at images, you don't show the 81 actions running. But I think I misunderstood. I Thought you meant 81 actions start, but you only have 1 thread (or less than 81 anyway)

But I think you are saying, 81 actions started, even though the scheduled time had NOT been reached yet? Is that the case?

If so, I think what happens is, the PAUSED processor is loading in the actions to run, so technically they have started, but before the processing tells the action to run, it hits the pause, you then change the scheduled time by randomise, but by then, the actions are already loaded and ready to run, it is just waiting for the processor to be turned on. So when you do - boom they start even though the scheduled time is showing they shouldn't.

hmmmmm let me add a final scheduled time check after actiosn loaded ready to run, before it actually appears they do run. That should solve this

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

No, the above assumption is wrong.

I paused processor
set 100 threads
added 100 actions
randomised over 24 hours
clicked run

Only actions which scheduled time has passed started to run....

so isn't that
jamberry

Post by jamberry »

As I said its like if only first scheduling after restart is working. Once processing started then any new scheduling doesn't work. Would video help you?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jamberry wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:02 pm As I said its like if only first scheduling after restart is working. Once processing started then any new scheduling doesn't work. Would video help you?
can you replicate the issue every time without fail?

I tried multiple bulk action adds, with multiple bulk randomise multiple times. Every time it worked correctly.

But if you can confirm if your instruction set fails EVERYTIME for you, I can investigate further and it could be a timing issue, caused by other factors, rather than a simple:

<first_attempt>
add 10 actions
randomise
<fine>
<sercond_attempt>
pause
add 10 actions
randomise 10
<fail>

Could you retry your instruction set but vary the amount of actions adding.

try bulk adding 5 actions
then 10 actions
then 50 actions
then 100
then 200

Does it fail EVERY time for you. If so, then there is a basic bug. If it varies on the number of actions you add, or the speed you perform actions, then is a more complex timing issue bug (that is going to be a bastard to find :( )