Confusion over scheduling and the processor.

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lsberic

Confusion over scheduling and the processor.

Post by lsberic »

So, based on my previous thread I am under the impression that a process will not run under any circumstances if the progress is in the “waiting” stage.

I also understand a process will not go from waiting to processing if there are not enough processors.

But I run the watch folder process which apparently never ends. That function eats up all my processors.

So in a situation where I have a process, let's say a tweet I would like to schedule in 2 hours.

When sent to the processor it is in the "waiting" process. So to run it, I have to use the process NOW function.

But that ignores the schedule and posts immediately.

So, how to schedule an action when multiple processes are in the cue “waiting” and some actions are in a perpetual state of processing?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Confusion over scheduling and the processor.

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Where it says NUMBER OF THREADS
+1 that value.

so one thread runs the WATCH action
the other threads will run whatever actions are in the processor
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

I run scheduled actions.
Even when I have only a few things processing and enough thread to run, the scheduled action never runs.
I have no idea why.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lsberic wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 4:57 am I run scheduled actions.
Even when I have only a few things processing and enough thread to run, the scheduled action never runs.
I have no idea why.
Screenshot the screen (press PRINT SCREEN on your keyboard - it is saved to your clipboard) then send me that.

Make sure the screenshot shows:
num_threads
all processing tab
showing actions and scheduled times
and your OS clock so can see if scheduled times are past or future

Also, if you have scheduled actions for a SINGLE account, by default only ONE action per account will run, you can turn this off and on via the SETTINGS tab. It is a safety precaution to stop new users from trying to run excessive actions for a single account
lsberic

Post by lsberic »

Things are working normally after a week of further testing.
I will state, however, I have only one account running as opposed to multiple accounts I had before.
Not sure where the problem was, but if it reoccurs when i start running my other accounts, will reply again.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lsberic wrote: Wed Jan 08, 2020 4:03 am Things are working normally after a week of further testing.
I will state, however, I have only one account running as opposed to multiple accounts I had before.
Not sure where the problem was, but if it reoccurs when i start running my other accounts, will reply again.
Thanks for the update, if the issue comes back, please provide the above listed information and hopefully we can root out the issue

Regards,
Martin