Damaged image uploads

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
markds10

Damaged image uploads

Post by markds10 »

I have this problem that some postings of pictures are damaged, some accounts more than others.
Maybe my vps isn't powerful enough? VPS stats are 1GB of RAM 1 vCores 3.20 GHz I'm actually surprised myself that my VPS can handle this so far I'm running 4 instances with 100+ accounts.

Also, the broken images sometimes upload a second time in good condition.

And sometimes the uploads are extremely fast mostly after my account was unlocked but also when you tell the processor to "run action now", the program posts the for example 12 pictures in 3-5 seconds.
and my settings are between to upload randomly between 100-1500 seconds.

Anyone else having this problem our maybe I Should upgrade my VPS?

Thanks!

Some examples

https://imgur.com/9auMQ9T
https://imgur.com/61Qh8cV
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Damaged image uploads

Post by martin@rootjazz »

markds10 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:50 am I have this problem that some postings of pictures are damaged, some accounts more than others.
Maybe my vps isn't powerful enough? VPS stats are 1GB of RAM 1 vCores 3.20 GHz I'm actually surprised myself that my VPS can handle this so far I'm running 4 instances with 100+ accounts.

Also, the broken images sometimes upload a second time in good condition.

And sometimes the uploads are extremely fast mostly after my account was unlocked but also when you tell the processor to "run action now", the program posts the for example 12 pictures in 3-5 seconds.

Anyone else having this problem our maybe I Should upgrade my VPS?

Thanks!

Some examples

https://imgur.com/9auMQ9T
https://imgur.com/61Qh8cV
1gb for 4 instances and 100 accounts each is quite underpowered. The OS will be using some of that and if you open a browser that can eat 100s of mb easily. This could be the issue. Simple test. Close all instances but one. Make sure it is using a single thread and run an action to upload some images. If they all upload fine, probabaly is a a VPS issue.

Are you running in threads? IF so, each thread will have the pause, so with 5 threads 5 images get posted instantly then each thread waits.

But I just tested.
Single account
Upload image action with 10 images with a pause of 60-90 worked perfectly.
IF you can screenshot how you create the action and show logs where it doesn't pause I Can tell you why it happened or find the issue
markds10

Post by markds10 »

Hi Martin,

I guess it is definitely a VPS issue, maybe I will test it later. because CPU is maxed out sometimes.

And you are probably right, I maxed to the number of threats because I clicked option "share across accounts and somehow thought that I needed to increase the number of threats :D but it makes all sense now.

Thank you for your help and fast reply.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

markds10 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:30 pm Hi Martin,

I guess it is definitely a VPS issue, maybe I will test it later. because CPU is maxed out sometimes.

And you are probably right, I maxed to the number of threats because I clicked option "share across accounts and somehow thought that I needed to increase the number of threats :D but it makes all sense now.

Thank you for your help and fast reply.
To explain "threads" a thread is used to do something.

So on the PROCESSING tab, num_threads: 1 = 1 action can run
num_threads = 2: 2 actions can run at same time.

Some actions let you specify threads WITHIN the action. So if you have a SHARED action with 10 accounts.
acc_1 processes item_1
then pause
acc_2 processes item_2
then pause
acc_1 processes item_10
then pause
acc_2 processes item_11
etc

so one by one, but if you set the num_threads = 3
acc_1 processes item_1 and acc_2 processes item_2 and acc_3 processes item_2
then each above thread will pause when finish
acc_4 processes item_4 and acc_5 processes item_5 and acc_6 processes item_6
then
acc_1 processes item_10 and acc_2 processes item_11 and acc_3 processes item_12
etc

so if you set 100 threads, it all happens instant.

Honestly, unless you KNOW you have a reason for more threads within an action (running LOTS (100s) of accounts in the same action, just leave threads at 1.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

just to add, on an underpowered machine, you will want threads = 1. As more things running at same time, more memory is needed, so you want to minimise that at all costs.

1 processing threads
1 action threads (where applicable)

Regards,
Martin
markds10

Post by markds10 »

Great explanation, I understand fully now,
Another issue/question I just bumped into, so now in the processor tab I edit the action and I see the thread number is 40 (so that explains it) and I edit the number to 1 and click save.
But the account will go to pause, so the question is: how do I unpause that action? just click redo and delete the old one? or is there a better way?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

right click > pause (pause)
right click > restart (unpause)

something like that
markds10

Post by markds10 »

Got it :)
zoltan66

Post by zoltan66 »

Hello Martin,

I also have this problem, some imagetweets upload partly broken/glitched, my pc has good stats like 32gb ram i7 processor etc, and internet connection is good aswell, So I don't think there is a problem with my pc stats.

Any idea why this could happen? I use differend proxie providers and on both proxies the problem occurs so also not a proxie problem.
zoltan66

Post by zoltan66 »

I noticed it seems I only have this problem if I run 2 "image tweet" processes at the same hours for 1 account, If I only run 1 "image tweet" process it doesn't seem to appear if I look at my previous actions. I do have the option standard enabled in settings that the bot only processes 1 action per account, which makes it more strange because the actions can never run at the same time, and the problem also occurs even when there is only 1 "image tweet" process for that account processing.
It's a problem because some of my image tweets require "assign meta" for their tweetbody and other images require "assign tweet from file" and I don't think there is a way to mix these 2 into 1 action. I prefer to let them run around the same timeframes because one promotes my affiliate link and the other doesn't.