You are unable to follow more people at this time

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: You are unable to follow more people at this time

Post by martin@rootjazz »

hitting twitter daily limits and hitting following too many should be treated differently. If you hit a "following too many" whether you want until you get more followers (to allow more followings) or you unfollow some, you will not be wanting to try and follow again in a few minutes. There needs to be some manual decisions made by you.

Hitting a limit because you followed 400 a day, action should stop and reschedule for tomorrow. IF you have logs showing this warning message, send them over
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:27 pm
Hitting a limit because you followed 400 a day, action should stop and reschedule for tomorrow. IF you have logs showing this warning message, send them over
This is exactly what I was hoping would happen, or would expect to happen but it didn't. It ended the process completely as a FAILED and did not reschedule.

This happened a couple of days ago but I haven't cleared the logs so it should be in there.
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

OK, I found the log for this one instance and for this acct it actually has 12k followers and only following 10k

How can I send you the log for this one?
Bri

Post by Bri »

For some reason, Twitter shows the same message if you hit too many followers, or hit the daily limit, trust me, I know ;)

so unfortunately, Martin cant do anything to fix this. only thing he can do is make the bot wait instead of making the action fail, make it go back to waiting, and retry in 1 hour, if this still hasn't passed the time needed, it'll go back to waiting. 1 to 5 tries per hour is fine, and better than keep on trying to follow
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

Bri wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 pm For some reason, Twitter shows the same message if you hit too many followers, or hit the daily limit, trust me, I know ;)

so unfortunately, Martin cant do anything to fix this. only thing he can do is make the bot wait instead of making the action fail, make it go back to waiting, and retry in 1 hour, if this still hasn't passed the time needed, it'll go back to waiting. 1 to 5 tries per hour is fine, and better than keep on trying to follow
That's what I was suggesting for a fix. Since it's a daily limit, if the message hits have the action wait 24 hours. That should clear it completely.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

SkullLife wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 8:05 pm OK, I found the log for this one instance and for this acct it actually has 12k followers and only following 10k

How can I send you the log for this one?
Same as always

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

REGARDS,
MARTIN
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:20 pm For some reason, Twitter shows the same message if you hit too many followers, or hit the daily limit, trust me, I know ;)

There may be subtle differences in the response headers that can tell you which is which.

Other way around this, never follow more than 400 in a single day, then you will not hit that warning :)
Bri

Post by Bri »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:40 pm
There may be subtle differences in the response headers that can tell you which is which.
Nope. its the same, unless somone can prove me wrong :)

and i like the fact is cancels, i can push more, i did go to 400, then started testing, i hit more than 600+ follows in 24hrs :)

<edited: quote fail. martin>
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:18 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 8:40 pm
Nope. its the same, unless somone can prove me wrong :)

and i like the fact is cancels, i can push more, i did go to 400, then started testing, i hit more than 600+ follows in 24hrs :)

<edited: quote fail. martin>
Must be different on an account by account basis then.