VPS requirements

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Fahad

VPS requirements

Post by Fahad »

Hi,

Thanks for the great work Martin.

I want to ask you if you please..

I want to run Twitterdub with 200 accounts (100 runs for 12 hours and the second 100 runs on the second 12 hours).

So it will be 200 logs and 100 running in the same time with 100 threads.. because every 2 accounts (one per shift) have own proxy.

All this duplicated with Instabut.

So 400 accounts on Twitterdub and Instabot running 200 at the same tine 24/7

For this to happen.. What requirements is needed to be on the VPS machine.

I'm planning to use OVH because it's so cheap.. lool.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: VPS requirements

Post by martin@rootjazz »

4gb should suffice (2gb per app).

You might be able to get away with less to start with, but as usage continues, the memory requirement will go up. So to be future proof, 4gb would be recommended. But if money tight, you could start smaller today then just increase RAM later, but you would need to monitor it and be careful with processing threads / usage
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Great..

And the CPU.. is i3 second or third gen would be cool?

I found this.. I hope it would be great.

Model: KS-7
CPU: Intel i3-2130
Cores/ Threads Freq: 2c/4t 3.4GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Disk: 2TB
Network: 100 Mbps
IPv6: /128
Price: €14.99 ex. VAT

Thank you again and again and again lool

PS: if anyone have a better host.. please share with us.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:15 pm Great..

And the CPU.. is i3 second or third gen would be cool?

I found this.. I hope it would be great.

Model: KS-7
CPU: Intel i3-2130
Cores/ Threads Freq: 2c/4t 3.4GHz
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1333 MHz
Disk: 2TB
Network: 100 Mbps
IPv6: /128
Price: €14.99 ex. VAT

Thank you again and again and again lool

PS: if anyone have a better host.. please share with us.
I3 is pretty slow relatively, but should be ok. Try it and see how it goes. At worst you end up with a slightly slower VPS for a month - not the end of the world.
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Hi,

I have 2 Q and 1 problem :)

Q1: I take your recommendation to some other user in the forum who ask about VPS.. you recommended HostWinds and I took "Unmanaged SSD Cloud 3" Which give 2 cores and 4 GB of RAM.. so.. is it enough or should I upgrade to 6 GB of RAM or 4 cores and 8 GB of RAM.

Q2: Is Raspberry pi 4 would be good to run the program at? it's because I plan to buy it and leave it in some family house that got 300 mbps.

Problem: In my VPS right now only TwitterDub with 218 Accs and only 65 Accs are now working the other don't.

So When working together.. like 40 process for twitting.. there is bug happens!

Some tweets have one pic some have 3.. so What happen is some tweet came out without any pic and some have one but not the others and some upload them all but in one pic and interfered (one pic have all the pic in it.. ugly looking).

Is that normal.. or should I do something to reduce the number of tweet at the same time..

The fear is there will be 100 Accs working together and maybe 60 or 70 or more tweet at the same time.. would the program do it?

The Internet in the VPS is really great (500 MB).

The last problem is the CPU using when many process working together is high.. would that work with Instadub while having also 100 accounts at the same time?

Thanks Martin.. it might look a lot of Qs really and not only 2 lool
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:35 am Hi,

I have 2 Q and 1 problem :)

Q1: I take your recommendation to some other user in the forum who ask about VPS.. you recommended HostWinds and I took "Unmanaged SSD Cloud 3" Which give 2 cores and 4 GB of RAM.. so.. is it enough or should I upgrade to 6 GB of RAM or 4 cores and 8 GB of RAM.
should be fine. But with a VPS you can always upgrade / degrade at will. Try the 4gb. If for whatever reason you need more RAM (want to run more instances / other programs) just contact the provider and they will happily upgrade you, should only take a few minutes to respec and reboot the system
Q2: Is Raspberry pi 4 would be good to run the program at? it's because I plan to buy it and leave it in some family house that got 300 mbps.
No idea, never used a RP. If you can run a full windows install, it should be able to. But how well it runs, no idea
Problem: In my VPS right now only TwitterDub with 218 Accs and only 65 Accs are now working the other don't.
Why not, what doesn't work?
Some tweets have one pic some have 3.. so What happen is some tweet came out without any pic and some have one but not the others and some upload them all but in one pic and interfered (one pic have all the pic in it.. ugly looking).
Sorry I don't understand, can you explain more clearly exactly what happens. Screenshots / examples / logs / example URLs may help

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Of course, if anything is private, you can always use email:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
The last problem is the CPU using when many process working together is high.. would that work with Instadub while having also 100 accounts at the same time?
High CPU just means the CPU is being used, if it is at 1% all the time, then the CPU is not being used. If it is at 50% then it is at 50% usage. That said it shouldn't be 100% all the time, but spikes are not a problem, just means the machine did something as fast as it could
GrossoPoto

Post by GrossoPoto »

Hello Martin,

I'm unearthing this post since it's already there and deals with a similar concern of mine.

I have a VPS to run my Twitterdub (and only TD) : Xeon E5 2690 2.9 Ghz /4 core / 8Gb RAM

Problem is... I have no idea to what extent I can push the VPS !

I'm slowly increasing the number of threads in order to test the limits. I'd like to run 10 to 20 accounts at the same time (not performing shared action, each running their own tasks).

1 account is running 1 task. No more. If I have 10 accounts running at the same time, that's 10 threads to sum it up.

Think I can push the VPS even further with such a setting ? :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

8gb will let you run 1000s of accounts with a 100 threads, you are fine with your needs :)