Username Problems

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Username Problems

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Next update will check if username is an email and if so, scrape actual username from twitter and update the twitterdub records.
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

I had this problem also..

It's cause from changing the username in the program and there is something that make the program consider it as a failed operation.

It happen when I try to change the username and the name with bio and profile and header.. all together for many accounts.

The program consider some of them as failed and for that didn't change the username.. but I edited manually.

Your solution is great.. and should solve the problem.

BTW: Can we change the WOEID and the lang for search by bulk edit? or insert this information in the file before import all the accounts.

Again.. thank you very much for your hard and great work.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 7:16 pm I had this problem also..

It's cause from changing the username in the program and there is something that make the program consider it as a failed operation.

It happen when I try to change the username and the name with bio and profile and header.. all together for many accounts.

The program consider some of them as failed and for that didn't change the username.. but I edited manually.

Your solution is great.. and should solve the problem.

BTW: Can we change the WOEID and the lang for search by bulk edit? or insert this information in the file before import all the accounts.

Again.. thank you very much for your hard and great work.
You can NOT just change the ACCOUNT DETAILS form username/password. This will not update your details on twitter. To update your username on twitter, use the UPDATE ACCOUNT DETAILS form.

If you manually change username / password on twitter outside the program, then you can just update the details twitterdub will user by updating the ACCOUNT DETAILS form. But if you want to actually change teh account details, you must use the UPDATE ACCOUNTS tab
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

No, not currently supported. I can see about adding it. But probably not until end of next week. Send me a reminder around Thursday as I have a backlog currently of things to add first

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

username if email use to login scrape

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

100% showing twitterdub here, please try again and force a hard refresh: cntrl+F5