watch other accounts

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
wilson80

watch other accounts

Post by wilson80 »

I am looking into the options and was wondering if it possible to " watch" an specific account on twitter and then automatically reply on his/her tweet once they tweet?

At the moment only option I could find is to search and reply to certain hashtags but...some accounts I want to watch don't use hashtags always.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: watch other accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Only CURRENT option is to run a scrape of that userstweets and check for new every (x) repeat period. Not ideal as it means a lot of scrapes which could be a footprint.

One potential option is to have the program "sit" on the usertweet page and run the ajax call to check for new tweets. This to replicate the browser would run every 30 seconds. So you could reply within a 30 second window, with no footprint. The calls in theory could be made every 2 seconds for instance, but this isn't what the browser does, but would give you a quicker turn around time.

I will be redoing all the twitter program this weekend due to the site update they are rolling out in a half arsed manner, so I will see if I can squeeze it in

Regards,
Martin
wilson80

Post by wilson80 »

Hi Martin

Thanks for the quick response!,

I look forward to the new update.

p.s. thanks for those latest updates, they really helped with viewing the program on remote desktop.. in the earlier versions i couldn't get full view on the options while checking it for example on an remote phone or laptop. ( not sure accidental repair or intentional but either way, thanks haha! )
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

wilson80 wrote: Sun May 12, 2019 9:13 am Hi Martin

Thanks for the quick response!,

I look forward to the new update.

p.s. thanks for those latest updates, they really helped with viewing the program on remote desktop.. in the earlier versions i couldn't get full view on the options while checking it for example on an remote phone or laptop. ( not sure accidental repair or intentional but either way, thanks haha! )
errr, I have no idea what you are referring to, but am glad seemed to have fixed something accidentally :)
wilson80

Post by wilson80 »

Haha maybe it was a fluke on my side :p

I've seen there have been an major update, not sure if you squeezed in that request to watch and where I could find it in the option list 👍, slim chance since you probably had your hands full with the major update ✊
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

wilson80 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:35 pm Haha maybe it was a fluke on my side :p

I've seen there have been an major update, not sure if you squeezed in that request to watch and where I could find it in the option list 👍, slim chance since you probably had your hands full with the major update ✊
No, I did try to get it in, but with the new site, it doesn't seem to work like the old site with a ping to get updates, but doesn't something more complex which I didn't have time to understand.

I haven't forgot it (yet). So bump this thread end of the week as this week there will be lots of little bug updates due to the 100% update of bot logic
wilson80

Post by wilson80 »

*bump*
*bump* :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, on further investigation, this functionality does NOT exist on the new twitter site.

Your timeline will autoupdate with the tweets of those you follow. You cannot just sit on a profile page of a twitter profile and get auto updates. This did exist on the old site, but either twitter has decided not to allow it, or just hasn't done it yet (there are a few other features not on the new site (such as geo search tweets).

So this will need to go back on the backburner until the site allows the functionality that is required to do this
wilson80

Post by wilson80 »

A pity but thanks for the update, given the tools available, what is the best way to do the following:

I think what comes really close to what I want is the "tweet search reply" option.

I could specify a list of usernames,
use custom search to limit it to the latest tweet of the user.

use filter to only reply to tweets less than 2 hours
put repeat on 24 per day, 1 time every hour. 3tweets(actions) every hour, potentially generating around 72 tweets per day (shared by X amount of accounts)

This would (theorytically) result that each hour the list with usernames will be checked for their latest tweet and if in the last 2 hours, if so.. it will post a tweet reply...if not it will move to the next account down the list untill it has fulfilled X set of actions each hour.

I think that would result in the same thing that I want correct?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I think twitter has an option to stop scraping when find an already processed result.

Or you can use custom search LATEST TWEET ONLY, so it will check the latest and not page over it to older results if already processed.

With one of those (or both) options you can check latest tweet only on an action with a repeat.

The lower repeat time, the closer to posting can you find the tweet, however, whether twitter detects over scraping and blocks you, I don't know yet.

You will have to try it. Maybe you can scrape every minute. Maybe you cannot. Every hour will be fine.

As the site is so new and I haven't performed it yet, or been told by others who have, I cannot say more for sure