Spintax question/request

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
TwitterM

Spintax question/request

Post by TwitterM »

Hi, I am somewhat of a new user of the Twitterdub software and been loving it so far, having moved from Jarvee recently.

I have a question/request regarding the spintax feature in image posting though. Either I am too blind or too dumb (highly likely :lol: ) to figure out how to set this up properly, or maybe the software does not (yet?) support this feature, but here goes:

Say this is my scenario; 100+ accounts, all posting (shared across accounts) a handful of images with multiple daily repeats 24/7/365, and I of course have spintax text assigned to the posts. Now my request would be that with each time the task has run through and posted the handful of images in question, I want to have the meta/text assigned to the post update, and thus show new text, making each tweet unique with each repeat. Is this possible as is, or is that something that could be implemented? I can't seem to wrap my head around how I would be able to implement this with the current settings available.

I hope you'll be able to look into this. Thank you! :-)
Markxxx

Re: Spintax question/request

Post by Markxxx »

I guess you can use {words1|words2|words3|words4|...} in the stweet body
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

TwitterM wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 am Hi, I am somewhat of a new user of the Twitterdub software and been loving it so far, having moved from Jarvee recently.

I have a question/request regarding the spintax feature in image posting though. Either I am too blind or too dumb (highly likely :lol: ) to figure out how to set this up properly, or maybe the software does not (yet?) support this feature, but here goes:

Say this is my scenario; 100+ accounts, all posting (shared across accounts) a handful of images with multiple daily repeats 24/7/365, and I of course have spintax text assigned to the posts. Now my request would be that with each time the task has run through and posted the handful of images in question, I want to have the meta/text assigned to the post update, and thus show new text, making each tweet unique with each repeat. Is this possible as is, or is that something that could be implemented? I can't seem to wrap my head around how I would be able to implement this with the current settings available.

Not entirely sure I understand what you are trying to do.

You create an action of (eg) 100 images, with 100 accounts. This action will repeat every (x) time period.
I think you want to post duplicated images each time the action runs? Correct?

Then the meta information for the information, tags / body etc you want to be spun each time the image is posted.

Is this correct?

If so, then I see your issue, the text is spun on the POST IMAGES tab, so you can see the text that will be assigned to each image in the controller, it is NOT spun during the upload process.

Let me take a look at ways around this
TwitterM

Post by TwitterM »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 5:47 pm
TwitterM wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 am Hi, I am somewhat of a new user of the Twitterdub software and been loving it so far, having moved from Jarvee recently.

Not entirely sure I understand what you are trying to do.

You create an action of (eg) 100 images, with 100 accounts. This action will repeat every (x) time period.
I think you want to post duplicated images each time the action runs? Correct?

Then the meta information for the information, tags / body etc you want to be spun each time the image is posted.

Is this correct?

If so, then I see your issue, the text is spun on the POST IMAGES tab, so you can see the text that will be assigned to each image in the controller, it is NOT spun during the upload process.

Let me take a look at ways around this
Exactly. I'd love to have the option to have the program continuously spin the meta text, so that even though the process is repeated and the image is being posted over and over, the text assigned to it will always be unique.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Unfortunately not currently possible, as the input text is spun for you to view in the control.

I can see the reason why you would want this feature though. Remind me about it end of the week and I will see what can be done to get the functionality in for you

Regards,
Martin
TwitterM

Post by TwitterM »

Hey Martin, have you figured anything out, or is it something you think could be done? :-)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

TwitterM wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:22 pm Hey Martin, have you figured anything out, or is it something you think could be done? :-)
No, you have only just reminded me to look at it :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, it should be quite simple, I had forgotten the feature that could do it

on the POST TWEETS tab

check the box: POST FROM FILE
In the input box, enter the file path containing your tweets, one tweet per line, if you want line breaks in your posted tweet, use \n or <br> tokens

Code: Select all

this is tweet one
this is tweet two \n it appears on <br> three lines when posted
you can use spintax which will be processed when the action runs.

Set your repeat values and this action will post the tweets from the file, spinning them each action repeat.
Robertos

Post by Robertos »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:21 pm ok, it should be quite simple, I had forgotten the feature that could do it

on the POST TWEETS tab

check the box: POST FROM FILE
In the input box, enter the file path containing your tweets, one tweet per line, if you want line breaks in your posted tweet, use \n or <br> tokens

Code: Select all

this is tweet one
this is tweet two \n it appears on <br> three lines when posted
you can use spintax which will be processed when the action runs.

Set your repeat values and this action will post the tweets from the file, spinning them each action repeat.
I would like to use this feature but I think it's not designed for pic posting... correct me if I'm wrong pls.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Not currently possible, the best you could do is do something with WATCH FOLDER POST, but that would require you to add the files to the watch folder regularly

As for the feature POSTING IMAGE FROM FILE within the processing action. The suggestion has been noted and added to the feature suggestions list. Depending on the demand for the change / feature will alter how quickly it gets implemented.