Retweet From List Issue

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Retweet From List Issue

Post by kevshTO »

Log ID: 1727

Just noticed today that after any Retweet action runs that uses a file for terms, the name of the input file is getting altered. Specifically, if I am using (filename).txt, after processing the file will be renamed to (filename)_rjcustomfile.txt. This seems to be happening every time, on every account and the format is always the same.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Retweet From List Issue

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Correct, the program will create a duplicate file and use that as it's reference point, updating the file with remaining items to be processed, so the action can stop once completed and your initial file is left unchanged
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Ok, I see what it's doing now, thanks for explaining.

Unfortunately, this now doesn't act the way that I need it to in that I want the action to pick randomly from a list of profile URLs and leave the others. Every day the input file is rewritten randomly from a master list so not all URLs in the master list will get retweeted every day (E.g. the master list may have 25 URLs, while the input file will select 10 of them).

So now, if I understand correctly, it will take the list (say, 10) from the original input file, retweet whatever I specify in the action settings (say, 5), put the remaining URLs into the custom file and then RT from that file the next day. Assuming 5 RTs again and all successful, on the day after that there will be none left and therefore it won't RT any.

If that is correct, then can you suggest a workaround - I understand why you've made this change and it makes sense, it just breaks the process I've been using completely.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:37 pm

If that is correct, then can you suggest a workaround - I understand why you've made this change and it makes sense, it just breaks the process I've been using completely.
Can you rewrite to the custom file instead of the original? That would make things work the same as they were before