#trend_hash#

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Fahad

Re: #trend_hash#

Post by Fahad »

Hi,

Again the same problem after update and I did change the way I tweet (I make 5 tweets and everyone have {#trend_hash#|#trend_hash#|#trend_hash#} in it.

So to Summary the problem:

1- When I tweet in 11 AM the program will search for the trends at that moment and everything is Ok.

2- After that the program will stick to the fetched trends from the first round of the tweets.

3- Over and over the program will used the same trends hash_tag from 11 AM even if it's 7 PM and all trends hash_tag is different.

Another points:

A- When I catch the problem at the first time it was one tweet only with {#trend_hash#|#trend_hash#|#trend_hash#} in it.. but the program will use the same trend hash_tag over and over for all accounts.. Now I change the tweet number so it work somehow but only at the trend hash_tag of the same period when I make the process first run(11 AM).

B- The program still don't honor the woeid location code and for that I had to go to every account and change the trend's location to what I want.

C- When the is a trend words (not hash_tag) the program take it and turn it to hashtag.. Which isn't good as I see it.. because no one is reaching you with this.

Log ID: logs_27825

There is a picture of the trends in Saudi Arabia when the process start and you can see that it didn't change.

When the process starts:

After that:

https://trends24.in/saudi-arabia/

Thank you again Martin for your great work :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Fahad wrote: Thu May 23, 2019 5:34 pm
1- When I tweet in 11 AM the program will search for the trends at that moment and everything is Ok.
ok

2- After that the program will stick to the fetched trends from the first round of the tweets.
Correct the trends are cached.
3- Over and over the program will used the same trends hash_tag from 11 AM even if it's 7 PM and all trends hash_tag is different.
ok, I can see how the cache is an issue. I will changed it so it only caches for a short time period

A- When I catch the problem at the first time it was one tweet only with {#trend_hash#|#trend_hash#|#trend_hash#} in it.. but the program will use the same trend hash_tag over and over for all accounts.. Now I change the tweet number so it work somehow but only at the trend hash_tag of the same period when I make the process first run(11 AM).
Not entirely sure I understand you. The program scrapes the trend hashes then uses them randomly. If there are only 6 trend hashes you will only be able to use six. I am not sure if you are saying this, or saying that only *ONE* trendhash is used each time. Can you confirm.
B- The program still don't honor the woeid location code and for that I had to go to every account and change the trend's location to what I want.
for me, this is NOT an issue since the update. Can you let me know the WOEID you are using. Also, is your account forced to the new site or defaults to legacy. Testing with an account that defaults to legacy site, WOEID is working for me. However, as I said above, the new site DOES NOT allow you to specify the WOEID. It will only trend to the account specified country. Perhaps this explains it for your accounts?
C- When the is a trend words (not hash_tag) the program take it and turn it to hashtag.. Which isn't good as I see it.. because no one is reaching you with this.
Please email twitter and ask them not to return non-hashtag trend hashes as it doesn't suit your needs :) But I will confirm a # isn't forced if not necessary
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

ok, I can see how the cache is an issue. I will changed it so it only caches for a short time period
That would be great.. thank you :)
Not entirely sure I understand you. The program scrapes the trend hashes then uses them randomly. If there are only 6 trend hashes you will only be able to use six. I am not sure if you are saying this, or saying that only *ONE* trendhash is used each time. Can you confirm.
What I meant is that I earlier have the program tweet (one tweet only with a lot of {} in it) and the program tweet this on all account.. but what is weird is the same hashtag will always stick.. I overcome this issue by having 5 tweets and every one of them have {#trend_hash#|#trend_hash#|#trend_hash#} in it.. and that solve the problem for me.

But if you want I can test the one tweet hashtag issue and tell you the result.
for me, this is NOT an issue since the update. Can you let me know the WOEID you are using. Also, is your account forced to the new site or defaults to legacy. Testing with an account that defaults to legacy site, WOEID is working for me. However, as I said above, the new site DOES NOT allow you to specify the WOEID. It will only trend to the account specified country. Perhaps this explains it for your accounts?
The WOEID I use is "23424938"

And I confirm that When I test it yesterday it didn't work.. so I manually change every account to use this trend from Twitter page.

There is I think one or tow accounts force to use the new site.. but the rest is using the legacy.

But I should mention that When I logged to one account in twitter page I saw there was a promotion hashtag that don't belong to "23424938".

If you want I will test a new account without editing it and see what the result and come back to you with it.
Please email twitter and ask them not to return non-hashtag trend hashes as it doesn't suit your needs :) But I will confirm a # isn't forced if not necessary
lool.. The thing is it's Arabic letter.. and in Arabic the letters stick together so when a no hashtag become a hashtag the program stick it.. Like this example:

برنامج تويتر دب هو افضل برنامج

The program will make it like this:

#برنامجتويتردبهوافضلبرنامج

So no one will ever come to see this tweet.. that's the issue.. but It's not important.

BTW: can I choose from the trend.. so I can choose from 1 to 5 of the trend.. and not tweeting with like the num 9 hashtag.

Again.. Thank you :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

next update will only cache trends for 15 minutes before updating them
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad

Post by Fahad »

The link is taking me to Instagram bot..

lool :D
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

I search the link I download from before and figure out the new download link lol

here it is:

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/downloa ... .00464.exe
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:18 am The link is taking me to Instagram bot..

lool :D
oops, must take care when updating the sites after 14 hours of work :(

Will fix now
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad wrote: Sat May 25, 2019 12:44 am I search the link I download from before and figure out the new download link lol

here it is:

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/downloa ... .00464.exe
yes you can always just change the app version in the download link to find new / old versions
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Hi,

Isn't there a way to scrap the trend_hashtags from another site.. not from twitter it self.. to bypass every other problem.

So if you use sites like:

https://trends24.in

and select the country I want: https://trends24.in/saudi-arabia/

and scrap from it every hour.. it would be great.. because I'm having a problem that can not be solved:

- My users country isn't the one I want. so some of them in Germany some in Russia..etc and I want to use Saudi Arabia trends.

- In your way (which is great BTY) it will scrap and ((here is the problem)) it will sometimes use ((promotion trend_hashtags)) which will bring the trend_hashtags of the targeted country.

And if possible it would be nice to select from 1 to 5 of the top trends.. not randomly.. so I could select the first hashtags or the top 3..etc

Again.. thank you :)