RT Tweets By Random User - From List?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Re: RT Tweets By Random User - From List?

Post by kevshTO »

Log ID: 3796

Updated to 2.0.7.864 and ran twice, all RT attempts got "403" errors and all posts failed each time.
Log is for the 2nd run, same settings and input file as mentioned earlier (2nd run I set User Tweets to 2 instead of default and looked like it was trying to post 6 from the same account). Also tried with another account and used RecentTweetsBy, same result.

Edit: Now all of my existing RT actions are failing with the same "403" error. (An image post ran okay so hopefully whatever has broken is limited to RT actions)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Sorry, bug introduced fixing another issue in the last build. The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Log ID: 7231

Still doing the same thing - whatever value I set Max Items to it's RTing that number from one account only then stopping. The settings in the Custom Search seem to be completely irrelevant. If I set User ID or URL to (2) and User Tweets to (4) or default and (2), the Max Actions will, I assume, overwrite that amount and RT whatever it's set to.

If it's working for you then perhaps I'm doing something wrong with the setup - In that case please provide the complete and *exact* details about your setup.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, finally found the issue. The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Looks like it's working, thanks for your work on this.

Edit: There is an issue, however. I set the Days Since Last Active filter to 1 to root out accounts that RT a lot and/or haven't been actively posting original tweets for a few days, however, the action seems to be applying the filter to each tweet, not the account? I'd have thought it would check the account first, see if it qualifies, and if not moves on to the next account instead.

How it works now it appears to get stuck on a (seemingly) endless loop as it will keep checking every tweet for accounts failing this filter. Is there any built-in limit before the action fails for an account and moves on to the next one? I have an action running now that's been checking the same account for over 20 minutes.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

user search drop out added to tweet search
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin