Issue With ReTweeting - Logs Submitted

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
lgduckworth

Issue With ReTweeting - Logs Submitted

Post by lgduckworth »

2019-02-21:
What program and version are you using do check if there is an update:
TwitterDub Version 2.0.6.864
Checked for updates and this looks like the last stable version.

Disclaimer: I'm new and still learning.
Maybe there is an easier way of "scraping" the retweeter profiles from the tweet and then using that list to retweet, but I'm not sure of all the features of the program yet.

Please describe your issue:
My searches and retweeting appear to time out anywhere from 1 to 10 instances in.
Example:
Processed: 5/50
Failed: 5

Describe what is going wrong:

Describe what was expected:
I was trying to duplicate what I was previously doing manually three times a day. That was retweeting everyone that has retweeted my pin. Usually, I would untweet and retweet their pin, a back and forth relationship. I would also retweet their other tweets in their stream if they retweeted other tweets in my stream.
I was hoping by inputting the URL of my pin under the retweet area and running a search that it would accomplish some of what I was previously doing manually.

Describe the steps to replicate your issue. A list of instruction steps, include all inputs / options you set (screenshots can be useful here):
Attaching two screenshot. I have four tweets in a text file from the last four days of trying this. The largest has 150 retweets and the smallest about 30. I thought the amount of retweeters may be part of the issue and thought I'd switch them out multiple times a day with under 50 to work around this.

If you are setting any specific options for the action, detail those:
I don't believe so, but maybe I am missing something to make it unretweet before retweeting?

Include the processing logs, that show your issue (processing logs are shown when you double click the action in the processing tab

Submit your logs and note the logs ID: the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs):
logs 61200_ben
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Issue With ReTweeting - Logs Submitted

Post by martin@rootjazz »

lgduckworth wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 6:16 pm

Describe what was expected:
I was trying to duplicate what I was previously doing manually three times a day. That was retweeting everyone that has retweeted my pin. Usually, I would untweet and retweet their pin, a back and forth relationship. I would also retweet their other tweets in their stream if they retweeted other tweets in my stream.
I'm a little confused by your use of the term PIN.

oh, now I'ved typed that, I think you mean PINNED TWEET

I was hoping by inputting the URL of my pin under the retweet area and running a search that it would accomplish some of what I was previously doing manually.
yes that sounds correct.

What I think may be happening is the program is not working out how many items to scrape from each step correctly.

URL / ID
RETWEETED BY
LATEST TWEET

The program needs to workout roughly howmany items required per step to get your MAX_ITEMS of 50.

As the steps multiple out, so
10 results from step one,
10 resultsfrom step 2
and 10 results from step 3

would mean: 10x10x10, which makes a 1000. As you want only 50 results, it is a waste of requests to end up with 1000 results.

HOWEVER, your 1st and 3rd step are single result steps. So I think the program is not handling this well.

Honestly, it always helps if you can tell the program what you want per step: Once selected a step, double click it and tell the program how many results you want.

URL / ID
RETWEETED BY (50)
LATEST TWEET

This would ensure 50 results. Also it can be useful, as if you consider the search

FOLLOWERS_OF
USERFEED

you would get vastly different results from

FOLLOWERS_OF(1000)
USERFEED (1)
(get one tweet from 1000 followers)

FOLLOWERS_OF (1)
USERFEED (1000)
(get 1000 tweets from one follower)

so if you specify exactly, you can tell the program the kind of results you want.

I will take a look at the logic, to ensure you still get hit your max items, if you don't specify.

Regards,
Martin
lgduckworth

Post by lgduckworth »

Thanks Martin!
That helps a ton. I'm going to try that specification of 50 now.
At least I know I'm on the right track too.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lgduckworth wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:03 pm Thanks Martin!
That helps a ton. I'm going to try that specification of 50 now.
At least I know I'm on the right track too.
Please let me know if it works or not. I am fairly sure that is the issue, but I could be wrong. So do let me know and I will investigate further
lgduckworth

Post by lgduckworth »

I did run it yesterday right after I said I would. It gave me 16/50, 13/50 and 9/50 of the three links of tweets I tried with the specifications of how many by double clicking as you pointed out. So not perfect.
BUT then I did your FollowersOf and Userfeed and that is working. In fact, still running.
I guess the only other thing I wondered was if there was a way to specify Followers Pinned Tweet as the one to untweet/retweet specifically.
But again, it's saving me a lot of time so what it's doing now will definitely serve the purpose.
Now I'm off to figure out the other tons of features!
Thank you for your time
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lgduckworth wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:40 pm I did run it yesterday right after I said I would. It gave me 16/50, 13/50 and 9/50 of the three links of tweets I tried with the specifications of how many by double clicking as you pointed out. So not perfect.
Please submit logs. HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

As that "should" be it.

If you tell the program

you wanted

URL / ID
RETWEETED BY (50)
LATEST TWEET

and 50 total, it should pull 50 retweeters. UNLESS, not 50 people retweeted the tweet, or you have already processed some of them, so there is not 50 remaining. But the new logs should clear this up
lgduckworth

Post by lgduckworth »

OK, I'll do that in the future if I think it's having legitimate issues. Right now, I think it's failing because I need to learn how to untweet before retweeting.
Thanks so much!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

lgduckworth wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 8:13 pm OK, I'll do that in the future if I think it's having legitimate issues. Right now, I think it's failing because I need to learn how to untweet before retweeting.
Thanks so much!
Are you wanting to retweet a tweet, even if it is already retweeted?

so detect if retweeted, unretweet, then retweet again?
lgduckworth

Post by lgduckworth »

Correct. That feature and potentially detecting a pinned tweet, unretweeting and retweeting again will be the biggest thing I use this for. I'm going to try some trial and error in the next couple days of what the program picks up in their streams to retweet. Thanks so much!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

next update will give option unretweet and retweet already retweeted tweets. I will let you know when ready