Twitter 100+ accounts setup and running costs

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Twitter 100+ accounts setup and running costs

Post by martin@rootjazz »

wilson80 wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 11:09 pm This would mean it is probably using 80 chrome/firefox browser to execute these actions...each would use up I between 150/200mb ram.... in theory... an pc running with 24gb would be enough to cope at peak throttle.
No, you have misunderstood how the programs work. They do NOT use a browser. They REPLICATE the raw text commands the browser sends to the server.

When you click a LIKE button, the browser sents a text file

Code: Select all

POST <url>
<header info 1>
<header info 2>
<header info 3>
<cookies>
Postinfo:
CMD: LIKE
ID: 15468556
So the memory print of a browser is irrelevant. The text files are about 10kb or so to send, next to nothing

The biggest memory / CPU usage of the programs is storing your accounts in ram, loading your previously processed items and see if a result set contains those items.

To run 100 accounts in TwitterDub and 100 accounts in instadub, running them 24x7, blasting out the actions all day everyday, you can do that within 4gb total easily.

More RAM never hurt, and if you were to run a browser on the machine for your own use, that can use up 1-2gb, which means less for the programs to use.

But you certainly do not need a MEGA machine running 24gb of ram.

If having to have your machine on all day is a problem, what you could consider is to rent a VPS:
A VPS is a remote machine you access and control via remote desktop, VNC

I recommend Hostwinds (and use myself)

You can use the coupon
25% off (first payment)
rj25pcvps

If you have no idea what I just said, say so and I can explain in more detail what a VPS is and how you use it
wilson80

Post by wilson80 »

aaaaah seeen, awesome! in that case I'm just going to fire up an laptop and leave it at home and use remote desktop to control it on the go from anywhere I want. unless there is an advantage with an VPS I am missing here? At the end of the day VPS is offering me an virtual server which I can access from anywhere to modify and run the programs.... by leaving an laptop on 24/7 or an basic pc and connect with it through remote desktop or teamviewer would do the same trick I would think then ? :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

wilson80 wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 9:28 pm aaaaah seeen, awesome! in that case I'm just going to fire up an laptop and leave it at home and use remote desktop to control it on the go from anywhere I want. unless there is an advantage with an VPS I am missing here? At the end of the day VPS is offering me an virtual server which I can access from anywhere to modify and run the programs.... by leaving an laptop on 24/7 or an basic pc and connect with it through remote desktop or teamviewer would do the same trick I would think then ? :)
yes, it would be the same. Benefits to the VPS would be.
Fast internet connection, no setup monitoring the machine is running necessary

Benefits to running on a spare machine in the corner of your room.
No cost, runs from your local IP.

That's about it really
wilson80

Post by wilson80 »

Thanks for the info! 8-)

Right... an small update for those interested in running insta/twitter and other rootjazz software but want to run it on the go and make edits for example if you are on the move quite allot or just want to have a decent control over the program.

I've installed the software on an spare laptop which would suffice according to Martin's explanation on how the software work and utilize the system resources which should be practically none but since this setup will be using remote access some CPU and RAM power is advisable to have an smooth system.

Then grab your random free filesharing software, dropbox, onedrive.. pick one.... install it on the laptop. This is where we will be saving our files to so instadub and twitter dub can access... this is handy for saving account details, images, tags etc etc.

Install google remote access on the laptop and any other device and enjoy!

This setup will allow you to access your software from any place basically......
I hope this will give some other people also new views and eyeopeners to the potential of the software :), Should you wonder why.... well it's simple.... the more people can effectively use the software, the less support martin has to give, and the more he focuses on the development haha :D ! and off course the more likely it will be that the software will still exists in couple years time.

@martin, superb software again mate! :D
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

Hi,

After I see some problem with updating account's (24 accs) all together at the same time(using Avatar and header that could lead to tow account's use the same photo).

I see failed and when open it it say the file is being used.

It's not the problem but What it lead me to think about is that..

1- Would 100 process at the same time doing like or retweet..etc and share a global log.. would that be a problem? because they can't all access to one file at the same time!

2- Would tweeting 100 tweet from 100 accs at the same time and using only one pic from would be problem.. because they can't all access to one pic at the same time!

What would be the best setting to run all the process one after another.. All 100 accs have different proxy so can't do it in setting tab.

I think about share across accounts.. but I really don't get it

My main goal is to tweet one tweet per one account every hour.

The other (Follow, Like and retweet) don't have a problem with.

So what's the best setting to do it without causing any trouble to the program.. and doing all the work from liking and retweet and follow and especially tweets.

Lot of thinking.. but I hope you get it Martin..

As always.. thank you soo much :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Fahad wrote: Sat Jul 13, 2019 1:00 am

1- Would 100 process at the same time doing like or retweet..etc and share a global log.. would that be a problem? because they can't all access to one file at the same time!
Look at SHARED ACTIONS
2- Would tweeting 100 tweet from 100 accs at the same time and using only one pic from would be problem.. because they can't all access to one pic at the same time!
Probably not a good idea regardless to post the exact same pic to 100 accounts at the same time
What would be the best setting to run all the process one after another.. All 100 accs have different proxy so can't do it in setting tab.

I think about share across accounts.. but I really don't get it

My main goal is to tweet one tweet per one account every hour.

The other (Follow, Like and retweet) don't have a problem with.
maybe look at separate instances. One to handle posting images, so you can have one thread. Then another for your follow like retweet actions.

For some info on custom db instances, check the thread

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=874
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

maybe look at separate instances. One to handle posting images, so you can have one thread. Then another for your follow like retweet actions.

For some info on custom db instances, check the thread

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=874
ahh so there is a way to run multiple version of TD.

And What you suggestion is to divide the account's on three or four version so there will be 50 accs in each version.

And it will be much easier to handle them for running on the same files.. (Global proceed log and pic to publish).

But:

There is one thing I can't understand.

How can I separate them if I have working hours?

1- Say the account working hours from 8 AM to 8 PM.

2- I make 4 process per account and all start at different time so that it will be tweet > retweet > follow > like.

3- After the working hours end and the process run it will schedule to the next working hours.

4- Now we Have the problem because all 4 process per account will be schedule at the same time and it if there is another accounts with the same working hours it will cause the error.

5- The fix in my opinion is to set an option to fluctuate the time in the begin of the working hours of the account..

6- So if the account working hours is 8 AM you can set 30 minute to fluctuate and then TB will make it start at random time from 8 AM to 8:30 AM.

BTY: there is an option if I edit the process to add fluctuate minutes to the process.. but there is no such thing in any tab for that.

Thanks Martin :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Run the processor with one thread. So actions are processed sequentially. So even if working hours are the same, nothing will run at the exact same time.

Or to not set the exact working hours. One account starts at 0700 another 0715 another 0730 etc etc
Fahad

Post by Fahad »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:07 pm Run the processor with one thread. So actions are processed sequentially. So even if working hours are the same, nothing will run at the exact same time.

Or to not set the exact working hours. One account starts at 0700 another 0715 another 0730 etc etc
Run the processor with one thread. So actions are processed sequentially. So even if working hours are the same, nothing will run at the exact same time.
That is good if you have 10 accs.. (Follow and retweet and like have 5 - 17 minutes to complete randomly).

But if you have 100 accs it would be ugly.. you won't get the number you need.. it would be impossible.
This is greater option.. but it's exhausted in the start.. but after that it would be great.

But is there a way to transfer the time in excel to binary like TD does?

I have a time for every account in excel sheet.. if I could transfer it to binary it would make it easier.

Or

If you could just enable importing working hours as binary When importing accounts.. it would be fantastic :)

Anyway.. I will give it a tray or do some other way to solve it..

Like having 10 global log and having 10 pics and diverse the accounts on them.