Follow Back Errors

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Follow Back Errors

Post by kevshTO »

Log ID: 5124

I've tried running a few Follow Backs lately (never seemed to work the way I expected before) and am noticing many times they finish seemingly without actually doing anything beyond logging in or finishes with errors. The log file is for one with errors.

I am running the action every couple of days on average and there are new followers. The filter is set to follow back on those accounts with 1300+ followers, so I get that there likely will be days where no new followers qualify, but the action doesn't seem to get that far (quits before even checking it seems) or, I get the error I submitted.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Follow Back Errors

Post by martin@rootjazz »

the search is failing.

Not sure why.

I will keep you informed as I investigate
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Sorry about this, but I am unable to debug your logs. Can you update

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Repeat the action and submit logs again
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

actually, I think I have found your issue.

So update and let me know if it persists, if so, submit logs

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Log ID: 8107

Settings:
- One account chosen
- Follow Back checked
- Pause between Followers: 4 to 16
- User Filter: # Followers: Min 885
- Check every 74 hours

This one stopped immediately saying no new followers.

Does TD keep track of an account's followers to determine which are "new"? I've noticed there is no maximum that can be set for the number of follow backs to process, so how does the software know to not follow every follower if the account has never used this action before?

For example, if I ran this for this first time for an account with 1875 followers using the above settings, will I try to follow every single
one that has >885 followers?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 2:09 am Log ID: 8107

Settings:
- One account chosen
- Follow Back checked
- Pause between Followers: 4 to 16
- User Filter: # Followers: Min 885
- Check every 74 hours

This one stopped immediately saying no new followers.

Does TD keep track of an account's followers to determine which are "new"? I've noticed there is no maximum that can be set for the number of follow backs to process, so how does the software know to not follow every follower if the account has never used this action before?

For example, if I ran this for this first time for an account with 1875 followers using the above settings, will I try to follow every single
one that has >885 followers?

first time the action runs, it records current state. Then from next run onwards it will react to new followers. This is done to avoid exactly what you say, detecting all 1875 and trying to hammer them with follow backs / DMs and whatever reacts you set

checking logs as to what happened this time
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

no new activities listed in activity feed for the account
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:35 pm no new activities listed in activity feed for the account
Problem is there were new followers since the action ran last time. In any case, I'll keep testing over various accounts as the results seem to be mixed: Some are detecting new followers, some seem to not be (and every account gets at least a few new followers a day, some more than others of course).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok, strange. Does this account EVER find any new followers? Sometimes? Or Never?
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:29 pm ok, strange. Does this account EVER find any new followers? Sometimes? Or Never?
I'm testing on multiple accounts but most perform the same. A few do seem to detect a handful (at most) of new followers.

If the logs aren't revealing anything than no use submitting more so I'm going to keep testing this for a few more days on most accounts and see if I notice anything unique for those that do find new followers compared to those that don't.