Follow Back Errors

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Follow Back Errors

Post by martin@rootjazz »

still working fine here. Next update will log more with the response received to see if you really get no activity items or whether they are specified different and the program fails to handle them
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

OK, thanks.

For now it seems like this is a problem with older accounts ("older" as in they were added to TD 8+ months ago) as they seem to be the ones not taking any action. I tested one account running the follow back action yesterday and today and in both cases it did not detect any new followers despite the account gaining ~75 new followers between running.

I am sure that I did run follow back actions on most accounts in the past, then stopped for whatever reason, so if it's any help is it possible it's somehow referring to old data or actions? I.e. Perhaps the problem isn't specifically that the accounts I'm using are older ones, but that they've previously ran follow backs that were discontinued.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 2:47 pm OK, thanks.

For now it seems like this is a problem with older accounts ("older" as in they were added to TD 8+ months ago) as they seem to be the ones not taking any action. I tested one account running the follow back action yesterday and today and in both cases it did not detect any new followers despite the account gaining ~75 new followers between running.

I am sure that I did run follow back actions on most accounts in the past, then stopped for whatever reason, so if it's any help is it possible it's somehow referring to old data or actions? I.e. Perhaps the problem isn't specifically that the accounts I'm using are older ones, but that they've previously ran follow backs that were discontinued.
In the past (API version) the program used different ways to get activity data, which may explain the reason.

But my accounts are older than 8 months, so I don't think there will be different structures of data.

But I will get that build done today to dump out the src of the response so we can know for sure
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Clear logs: HELP > LOGS > DELETE

install the update
run your activity feed
If no items found
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Log ID: 1077

Updated, ran an existing Watch Followers action, showing no new followers.

Log ID: 1419

Cleared logs, ran it again on a different account, showed 2 new followers but "Unknown Error Occurred".

Let me know if you'd like me to test again but recreating the actions instead of running existing ones?

Thanks