A Couple Of Questions - Mute and Stats

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
joeemslie

A Couple Of Questions - Mute and Stats

Post by joeemslie »

Hello All,

I hope you are well! I have had a search on the forum and not been able to find what I am after so wanted to ask to see if it was possible.

I am new to the TwitterDub software and have been slowly going through the tutorials to make sure that I am doing the right thing. I have two accounts that I am trying to grow and both have different requirements.

I wanted to know if it was possible to:

1. Follow A User
2. Once Followed, Mute That User.

While I know that 'option 1' is very easy :D It was more a question of if part 2 is possible?

The reason being I would like to grow my audience, for people interested in what I post, but I don't want to see their posts over my friends posts? Is this feasible? Please let me know if I need to specify a little more to flesh out the idea.

--

The second thing I wanted to ask was stats based around how many people follow your account etc?

I don't seem to have a view at all on number of followers / followings etc for Twitter? Is this expected? I was hoping for a view of seeing how many people followed over time etc? Is this something the tool is able to do, if not do people user work arounds for this method to ensure that you are growing your account correctly etc.

Cant wait to be a part of this great community!

Thanks,
Joe
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: A Couple Of Questions - Mute and Stats

Post by martin@rootjazz »

joeemslie wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:11 pm Hello All,

I hope you are well! I have had a search on the forum and not been able to find what I am after so wanted to ask to see if it was possible.

I am new to the TwitterDub software and have been slowly going through the tutorials to make sure that I am doing the right thing. I have two accounts that I am trying to grow and both have different requirements.

I wanted to know if it was possible to:

1. Follow A User
2. Once Followed, Mute That User.

While I know that 'option 1' is very easy :D It was more a question of if part 2 is possible?

The reason being I would like to grow my audience, for people interested in what I post, but I don't want to see their posts over my friends posts? Is this feasible? Please let me know if I need to specify a little more to flesh out the idea.

--
No, not currently possible, but it is a good suggestion. I'll make a note and get it added this week. Send me a reminder Friday if you don't hear from me and I will squeeze it in
The second thing I wanted to ask was stats based around how many people follow your account etc?

I don't seem to have a view at all on number of followers / followings etc for Twitter? Is this expected? I was hoping for a view of seeing how many people followed over time etc? Is this something the tool is able to do, if not do people user work arounds for this method to ensure that you are growing your account correctly etc.

Cant wait to be a part of this great community!

Thanks,
Joe
Do you mean new followers overall, or new followers who you have previously actioned (like / dm / retweet / followed) on?
joeemslie

Post by joeemslie »

"No, not currently possible, but it is a good suggestion. I'll make a note and get it added this week. Send me a reminder Friday if you don't hear from me and I will squeeze it in"

Great thanks, appreciate that!

"Do you mean new followers overall, or new followers who you have previously actioned (like / dm / retweet / followed) on?"

Apologies. Followers overall, and how it's grown day on day?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

for stats, look at daily stats tab, create daily stats action which should track your followers / followings
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

The question about muting new people you follow is something that I've also asked about as well.
SkullLife wrote: Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:29 pm A great feature to add would be: Under the Follow Tab - for Adv Pre-Actions - to add a button/check box to Auto Mute the account your going to follow.

The Follow feature it great and probably one of the most used in the bot, the issue is when you follow say 50,000 people, you now have your feed bogged done with a lot of clutter. I know Twitter people say why bother following them if you don't want their feed, but realistically it's so they follow you back. If we followed manually one ant a time we could just mute one at a time no big deal. But following 50,000 with a bot makes the manual muting one at a time task a bit too much to handle.

I'd like to automatically mute the mass list of people I'm going to follow/following and then go through and unmute whoever I want later.

Also it would be great to have a mass/bulk mute feature separately but not sure if that's possible. I was thinking it might be possible or easier during the initial following function like how we can like set Twitterdub to like or retweet on follow with Pre-Actions
I'm all for it too :-) Would LOVE to see this Feature Added!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will include this feature. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

Did this work for you joeemslie?

I tried it and didn't see one account muted :-( Doesn't seem to be working for me.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

SkullLife wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:06 am Did this work for you joeemslie?

I tried it and didn't see one account muted :-( Doesn't seem to be working for me.
do you logs not show it muting? If, perhaps is an installer issue not including the update. Or does it report accounts muted, but they are not?
SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

just looked back at it and it wasn't showing that it was muting it. I tried a completely new follow with mute using a new search term and it seems to be working now!

Any chance of a mute all current followers feature now that we have the feature the mute on follow That would be awesome!

Thanks again