Retweet Function

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
SkullLife

Retweet Function

Post by SkullLife »

Ok, so it looks like there has been a lot of changes since my last visit here and I've been offline for a few months. I see now that the "Watch for Tweets" Tab is now gone. I'm trying to retweet by keyword and I've gone through the forum and the old youtube videos but the new info is nowhere to be found.
I'm going to write exactly what I want to do and based on everything I've read seen and done in the past (though I know things are now different) I think it should be pretty straight forward.

I have my Twitter Account.
People Tag me / put up a keyword when they want me to retweet them.
I see the tag and retweet it.
I would really like to retweet live or in current time.
I only want to tweet the original tweet that has the tag and now retweet another users retweet or else the same retweet will be done multiple times.

Using Twitterdub I go to the retweet tab and select my account.Image
I put my keyword in where I typed "Keyword Here" I then selected "Tweet Search" Checked "Unique items" and "Like"
for "Tweet Filter"
I selected "Original Tweets Only" and "Max hour since Tweet = 24"

It looks like now its just running and checking tweets from days or even weeks ago
Obviously I changed the names and identifying marks as not to display them publicly here.

Got enough: 1/1
Results: 1
TweetDetails: 1111111111111111https://twitter.com//status/XXXXXXXXX https://twitter.com/XXXXXXXXX 1111111111111111
Value: 382 is <0 or > 24
* IGNORE: MaxHoursSinceTweet
Check to exclude item: 1111111111111111
Filter check: 1111111111111111 with: KEYWORD HERE
Checking Filter: MaxHoursSinceTweet
Paused for 5secs
Got enough: 1/1
Results: 1
TweetDetails: 1111111111111111https://twitter.com/XXXXXXXXX /status/1111111111111111 https://twitter.com/XXXXXXXXX 1111111111111111
Value: 382 is <0 or > 24
* IGNORE: MaxHoursSinceTweet
Check to exclude item: 1111111111111111
Filter check: 1111111111111111 with: KEYWORD HERE
Checking Filter: MaxHoursSinceTweet

How far back does this check and when will it check for new tweets again? What do the different options mean in this case: "Threads" "Muti Search" "Unique items" etc?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Retweet Function

Post by martin@rootjazz »

SkullLife wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:22 am Ok, so it looks like there has been a lot of changes since my last visit here and I've been offline for a few months. I see now that the "Watch for Tweets" Tab is now gone. I'm trying to retweet by keyword and I've gone through the forum and the old youtube videos but the new info is nowhere to be found.
I'm going to write exactly what I want to do and based on everything I've read seen and done in the past (though I know things are now different) I think it should be pretty straight forward.
Twitter killed the public API, which was how the STREAM / WATCH actions worked. Now it is no longer possible to offer that exact functionality as the program was rewritten from scratch to automate the website rather than the API

I have my Twitter Account.
People Tag me / put up a keyword when they want me to retweet them.
I see the tag and retweet it.
I would really like to retweet live or in current time.
I only want to tweet the original tweet that has the tag and now retweet another users retweet or else the same retweet will be done multiple times.
Going to be hard. All you can do is do a TWEET SEARCH.
Perhaps advanced search will help you?
https://twitter.com/search-advanced

TD now offers full automation of advanced search (should be some info on the forum, linked from the SCRAPE tab I believe)

But real time is no longer possible. You will need to do it every X minutes via scrape. WHICH may be an issue due to over scraping...
It looks like now its just running and checking tweets from days or even weeks ago
Sounds like the search routine is not aware it is a time based result set with a time filter. That once one tweet fails due to the time limitation, all subsequent results will also fail so it should stop. I will fix this for next update
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

SkullLife

Post by SkullLife »

Now it seems to not work at all. If I choose any filters it just runs and runs and never retweets anything. I tried like four different ways and ran the bot for different amounts of time one time even up to an hour and not one retweet though I know the tags where there as I could see them on twitter looking at my home page. I would be ok just going through once a day or even every two days and search and then retweeting now that the real time api is closed, however even searching and retweeting seems not to work.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Please whenever you have an issue, or new issues related to the same issue. I need full details again.

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

The reason being, the issue although it may seem like the same to you, is caused by somewhere else. Sometimes issues are like a chain, when a user reports an issue, I only see the first broken link. That gets fixed. But now the pressure is placed on the next link, which could also have been faulty. So it may take a few times to get to the root cause of the issue.

For me is working, but I must be doing something different to you. And that difference is what exposes the bug.

So things I need
action setup (screenshot is best)
filter options (screenshot)
logs, copied pasted and / or submit logs

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin