Unfollow Not Working

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Unfollow Not Working

Post by martin@rootjazz »

the database file didn't get through, probably was too large. Upload it somewhere and email the link.

Checking logs
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Someone else is having this issue. For some reason, when the program requests friendship status to confirm youare following this user before unfollowing, twitter responds false, you are not following...

I am still tryng to figure out why.

You can help me by going to

HELP > CONFIG >

and opening the config directory. In this folder add the empty file :

unfollowdetailslog.txt

Your OS may be set to NOT show the extension, so be careful you don't have the file specified as
unfollowdetailslog.txt.txt

then run the unfollow action again, after 10 or so IGNORE logs, cancel the action and submit logs again please

Also send me an email so I can check ASAP

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

should be "fixed"

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

twitter was returning an empty response, which was assumed to be false, but evidently wasn't. Unsure why, for me this does NOT happen. I will need to figure out why this occurred otherwise it means there is no way to know whether you are actually following an account or not

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

As per my email. Other users are reporting the update worked.

Please check
a) you updated correctly

b) running the correct unfollow action.

If that still doesn't work.

Please perform the following:

Open the program. Delete or pause all existing actions. If actions are already running due to autorun on startup, disable autorun at startup and restart the app. All actions must be waiting, then pause all (or delete)

Delete existing logs
HELP > LOGS > VIEW
delete all files in the folder that opens

Perform the action:

perform your UNFOLLOW action as normal
then submit logs

PLEASE NOTE: Do not perform other actions at the same time. Only use one thread. Do not run any actions after this action.

Then submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

and let me know the LOGS ID (just the number part is sufficient)

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

ok so this is not the same issue as before.

The program has no record of items from the database that you followed who are not followers.

goto FOLLOW tab
check and right click your account
select CHECK FOR MISSING ITEMS (something like this)

Does the function report any missing items?

How many profiles do you think there should be to unfollow?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

try a recalibration, it could be that a previous issue means the program thinks it unfollowed users who it didn't, thus doesn't think they are still available to unfollow

Please ensure you are up to date:

Make sure you are not running ANY actions. Pause / clear the processor tab.

Clear your logs: HELP > LOGS > DELETE
Create a database backup: TOOLS > CREATE DB BACKUP
goto FOLLOW TAB
check your account
click RECALIBRATE

Now run the action.

After completion, attempt to run your normal unfollow action, it should work. If not, please submit logs:
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Pierre wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:31 pm I ran the new update with your instructions. The program scrapes and unfollows accounts that are are followers. Out of the 1500 accounts that I follow, around 800 don't follow me back whom I want to unfollow.
Did *the bot* follow these users, or did you follow them OUTSIDE of the bot? If outside of, uncheck the option BOT FOLLOWS and that will sort the issue

I noticed this whole thing started when I mass unfollowed 500 accounts outside of the twitterdub about a month ago.
This can cause issues as the bot thinks you are following accounts that you are not. This will result in lots of IGNORE NO LONGER FOLLOWING logs. Not a big issue, just the action will take longer. The RECALIBRATION function will resolve this and ensure the bot processed logs match who is currently followed
Will I have an issue if I mass unfollow accounts outside of twitterdub or does program recognize the accounts that have been unfollowed outside of the bot and updates the db?
The bot won't know you have unfollowed them unless:
a) it tries to unfollow them and finds out you are not following
b) you run a recalibration
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Pierre wrote: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:38 am
Did *the bot* follow these users, or did you follow them OUTSIDE of the bot? If outside of, uncheck the option BOT FOLLOWS and that will sort the issue
They were bot follows that were mass unfollowed with another app.
ok, so the recalibration would have removed these from the bot_following database as you are no longer following them.

But I am not sure of the issue, if you have unfollowed all the bot follows of the app, there will be none left to unfollow, so why do you think it is not working? Perhaps I have just misunderstood what you are saying the issue is?
I've ran recalibration many times with no effect and the problem still persists even in a new computer with fresh install.
that would be correct, as above. The program checks who it thinks you are following (bot follows) and confirms you are still following them. If not, the bot marks them as no longer followed, so you do not try and unfollow users you are not following. From what I understand, everything so far is working correctly
Added my account (clean database - no backup import)
Just a note, if you tried to unfollow bot follows here, there are none. This is a new account (each time you add an account (doesn't matter if is same account) it is added as a new database account. It is a clean account. So the only way to unfollow users, is to UNCHECK bot follows which means you scrape the accounts followings and unfollows those

The action finished and still it unfollowed two of my followers. Checked log and noticed it mislabeled two of my followers "Process: Not following us..."
This seems to be an issue with twitter, they do NOT return the correct friendship status, they return it empty, if you are up to date:

then this is handled (just not tested as it's integrity cannot be trusted
I'm currently following 1450 and 800 need to be unfollowed. The log shows that the unfollow action reports all my followings as not following me.
then UNCHECK BOT FOLLOWS, this means, any of your followings could be unfollowed including those you followed manually. But that is the only way (this may / not be acceptable to you. If not, you will need to prepare a WHITELIST of users to NOT unfollow (added via whitelist on unfollow tab)

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Sorry I didn't read your post properly :oops:

please try this. I have added extra logging to dump out who the program thinks are your followers and strengthened the checks to ensure they are not unfollowed.