Issues Retweet from List

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Issues Retweet from List

Post by kevshTO »

Log # 91557

I know I've had issues with this before but things were working until the major update (can't say for certain what version but it appears its been a few days, so perhaps from 2.0.0.4?).

I'm using the Retweet action for a single account from a list of profile URLS (e.g. https://twitter.com/XXXXX). I have it set to "From List", Daily Run, Unique Items per account is UNchecked, Tweet Filter set to Original Tweets Only, rest as default.

When it runs I see hundreds of lines like this:
Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.64699352439931 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.64534308847917 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.64469406195023 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.64426747280208 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
* IGNORE: Actioned a tweet by this profile: XXXXX already (0.636161235157407 days), ignore: 0
* IGNORE: https://twitter.com/XXXXX

It can start in the 150s for example (150.412412121224 days ago, etc.) and ultimately, as you can see, ignores the account/URL. In the past there was an issue if I had Unique Items per account checked, as you explained previously, but it appears to happening again even when it's not checked. So when the action runs I always get something like 0/7 successful retweets - i.e. it won't retweet anything.

As well - perhaps related to this issue, I noticed in the Tweet Filter dialog that sometimes the Once Per Profile per Days box goes back to 0 (zero) rather than 1 and the Original Tweets Only unchecks itself (this is usually after I create an action and run it (click the Retweet button). I'm not sure if that's something but I only noticed this issue when it seemed the action the past few days was retweeting retweets as well as original tweets, despite Original Tweets Only being checked when I created the action.

Anything else you need, please let me know
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Issues Retweet from List

Post by martin@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 3:23 pm Log # 91557

I know I've had issues with this before but things were working until the major update (can't say for certain what version but it appears its been a few days, so perhaps from 2.0.0.4?).

I'm using the Retweet action for a single account from a list of profile URLS (e.g. https://twitter.com/XXXXX). I have it set to "From List", Daily Run, Unique Items per account is UNchecked, Tweet Filter set to Original Tweets Only, rest as default.

When it runs I see hundreds of lines like this:
Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.64699352439931 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.64534308847917 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.64469406195023 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.64426747280208 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
* IGNORE: Actioned a tweet by this profile: XXXXX already (0.636161235157407 days), ignore: 0

It can start in the 150s for example (150.412412121224 days ago, etc.) and ultimately, as you can see, ignores the account/URL. In the past there was an issue if I had Unique Items per account checked, as you explained previously, but it appears to happening again even when it's not checked. So when the action runs I always get something like 0/7 successful retweets - i.e. it won't retweet anything.

As well - perhaps related to this issue, I noticed in the Tweet Filter dialog that sometimes the Once Per Profile per Days box goes back to 0 (zero) rather than 1 and the Original Tweets Only unchecks itself (this is usually after I create an action and run it (click the Retweet button). I'm not sure if that's something but I only noticed this issue when it seemed the action the past few days was retweeting retweets as well as original tweets, despite Original Tweets Only being checked when I created the action.

Anything else you need, please let me know
so it appears that the program IS applying the once per profile, even though you have turned it off. Let me check here
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

I ran a few more and a couple of things I noticed (or can confirm):

- If I set Once Per Profile Per Days to zero, I can now successfully retweet that account's tweets, however:
- It (still) seems to ignore Original Tweets Only if it's checked as it's rewteeting the target acccount's retweets (e.g. In my list I have account X's profile URL, in account X's timeline the most recent tweet(s) are (a) retweet of account Y, TwitterDub will retweet account Y's tweet instead of skipping it and moving on to the next account X's original tweet).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

From your logs, the program has assigned ONCE PER PROFILE DAYS = 1

There is no way the logs you posted can fire, if ONCE PER PROFILE is 0.

What is happening, you retweeted a tweet from a profile 150 days ago, fine it will work, then it gets down to a profile you retweeted 0.6 days ago and so will be ignored as is less than one day ago.

I have tried to cause the TWEET FILTER to load in differently, but each time I load it, it always loads correctly. Are you able to cause this with specific steps?

i.e.
set filter ABC
do XYZ
open filter and it is not ABC?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:01 pm It (still) seems to ignore Original Tweets Only if it's checked as it's rewteeting the target acccount's retweets (e.g. In my list I have account X's profile URL, in account X's timeline the most recent tweet(s) are (a) retweet of account Y, TwitterDub will retweet account Y's tweet instead of skipping it and moving on to the next account X's original tweet).

let me test this
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Confirmed. The USERFEED scrape is returning the original tweet that the user retweeted. Thus it is not failing the ORIGINAL TWEET filter check as it *IS* an original tweet. Just not from the user we wanted.

Fixing it now
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:40 pm
From your logs, the program has assigned ONCE PER PROFILE DAYS = 1

There is no way the logs you posted can fire, if ONCE PER PROFILE is 0.

What is happening, you retweeted a tweet from a profile 150 days ago, fine it will work, then it gets down to a profile you retweeted 0.6 days ago and so will be ignored as is less than one day ago.

I have tried to cause the TWEET FILTER to load in differently, but each time I load it, it always loads correctly. Are you able to cause this with specific steps?

i.e.
set filter ABC
do XYZ
open filter and it is not ABC?
That makes sense, however, in that case there would be at least a few successful retweets on each action as the list can contain up to 35 or so profile URLs. And each day I'm retweeting maybe 15-20 overall, tops. I checked a couple that are failing and none of the accounts have been retweeted in the last day (I checked back 2 days to be sure), yet there all showing lines like this in the real-time log:

Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.12025468999769 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
* IGNORE: Actioned a tweet by this profile: XXXXX already (0.18478885343287 days), ignore: 0

Where XXXXX has not been retweeted by the account running this action in the past few days, at least.

As for the specific steps, one way I've confirmed it happens is when I create an action and run it (click the Retweet button), then load a new text file to run the action on a different account, then the filters will reset (i.e.) (Originals Only = ON, Once per Profile Days = 1) revert to (Originals Only = OFF, Once per Profile Days = 0). Note that it only seems to happen when loading a new text file *after* setting up an action beforehand.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

The next update will fix this. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 pm
That makes sense, however, in that case there would be at least a few successful retweets on each action as the list can contain up to 35 or so profile URLs. And each day I'm retweeting maybe 15-20 overall, tops. I checked a couple that are failing and none of the accounts have been retweeted in the last day (I checked back 2 days to be sure), yet there all showing lines like this in the real-time log:

Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.12025468999769 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
* IGNORE: Actioned a tweet by this profile: XXXXX already (0.18478885343287 days), ignore: 0

Where XXXXX has not been retweeted by the account running this action in the past few days, at least.
From this snippet alone, I cannot really say anything. The program is reporting that profile XXXX 1.12 days ago, so that is allowed
the next one is not allowed as it is 0.18

Without knowing what XXXX is, I have no idea if is correct. Submit your app logs and I can take a better look
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

As for the specific steps, one way I've confirmed it happens is when I create an action and run it (click the Retweet button), then load a new text file to run the action on a different account, then the filters will reset (i.e.) (Originals Only = ON, Once per Profile Days = 1) revert to (Originals Only = OFF, Once per Profile Days = 0). Note that it only seems to happen when loading a new text file *after* setting up an action beforehand.
Let me try this
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

I Am unable to replicate this.

open app
goto retweet tab
click filter (set filter)
select account
create action

change filepath
change account
click filter: is the same

Are you sure you are not clicking CANCEL on the tweet filter form as that will delete the existing filter.