Post by martin@rootjazz »

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

userfeed : original tweets bug fix
kevshTO

Re: Issues Retweet from List

Post by kevshTO »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:49 pm
kevshTO wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:27 pm
That makes sense, however, in that case there would be at least a few successful retweets on each action as the list can contain up to 35 or so profile URLs. And each day I'm retweeting maybe 15-20 overall, tops. I checked a couple that are failing and none of the accounts have been retweeted in the last day (I checked back 2 days to be sure), yet there all showing lines like this in the real-time log:

Actioned on this profile: XXXXX, 0, but was: 1.12025468999769 days ago, limit: 1, allowed to process again
* IGNORE: Actioned a tweet by this profile: XXXXX already (0.18478885343287 days), ignore: 0
* IGNORE: https://twitter.com/XXXXX

Where XXXXX has not been retweeted by the account running this action in the past few days, at least.
From this snippet alone, I cannot really say anything. The program is reporting that profile XXXX 1.12 days ago, so that is allowed
the next one is not allowed as it is 0.18

Without knowing what XXXX is, I have no idea if is correct. Submit your app logs and I can take a better look
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

As for the specific steps, one way I've confirmed it happens is when I create an action and run it (click the Retweet button), then load a new text file to run the action on a different account, then the filters will reset (i.e.) (Originals Only = ON, Once per Profile Days = 1) revert to (Originals Only = OFF, Once per Profile Days = 0). Note that it only seems to happen when loading a new text file *after* setting up an action beforehand.
Let me try this
You should be able to find examples from the log file I submitted earlier today. If not, let me know and I'll submit another one (Edit: See Below). But so far, every action I've run using this template it's retweet exactly ZERO tweets each and every time. Not only from the couple I've confirmed that there has been no retweets in the past 24 hours+ but there's no possible way that I've retweet from *every* account listed in the past day.

EDIT: I set Once per Profile per Day to 0 (zero) just to try something and checked the Originals Only box and now it will in fact retweet, but it's still ignoring the Originals Only filter and retweeting retweets.

EDIT: I just ran this to show the Originals Only issue (Again, with Once per Profile per Day set to zero as it wouldn't RT anything otherwise), log #2886. Of the 4 retweets that actioned, I believe 1,3 and 4 are all retweets of retweets, not originals. The log should show the account profile listed (from my text file) but that instead of retweeting one of their tweets it grabbed one of their retweets - I mention this because at least one of the actual retweeted tweets is from an account listed in the file, however, the action was not for that account. Sorry, if that's confusing but simply put: 3/4 were retweets of retweets which shouldn't be happening of course.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:02 am
You should be able to find examples from the log file I submitted earlier today.
Sorry I didn't see the logs (or I forgot to look), let me check again

Not only from the couple I've confirmed that there has been no retweets in the past 24 hours+ but there's no possible way that I've retweet from *every* account listed in the past day.
I will check the logs, might be an idea to submit again, just so I have uptodate logs as well

HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

EDIT: I set Once per Profile per Day to 0 (zero) just to try something and checked the Originals Only box and now it will in fact retweet, but it's still ignoring the Originals Only filter and retweeting retweets.
Did you update?

There was a fix for this. For me is working, 100%
EDIT: I just ran this to show the Originals Only issue (Again, with Once per Profile per Day set to zero as it wouldn't RT anything otherwise), log #2886. Of the 4 retweets that actioned, I believe 1,3 and 4 are all retweets of retweets, not originals. The log should show the account profile listed (from my text file) but that instead of retweeting one of their tweets it grabbed one of their retweets - I mention this because at least one of the actual retweeted tweets is from an account listed in the file, however, the action was not for that account. Sorry, if that's confusing but simply put: 3/4 were retweets of retweets which shouldn't be happening of course.
As above had you updated? IF so, confirm version HELP > ABOUT
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Absolutely not working. Version 2.0.0.7.

Ran again this morning. From List (list is all account URLs as described earlier), Unique Items per account unchecked, Original Tweets Only checked, Once Per Profile per Days = 0.
3/4 tweets were retweets.

The last log file I send you and described above should illustrate the same result. Most of the tweets you saw that ran were retweets of others, not original tweets. So not sure why you're not seeing the same result, unless in your test the accounts in question don't have recent retweets so you're getting originals first? Have you tried using a list of accounts that are all (or primarily) retweeting others?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Did you check the version

HELP > ABOUT

It could be the installer not installing correctly so still on old version
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:48 pm Did you check the version

HELP > ABOUT

It could be the installer not installing correctly so still on old version
Yes, that's where I got the version number from. So not sure what else could be the difference between your version and mine.

I did notice that in some of the edit files (from the Processor window) for my Retweet Actions that I'm still running (ones where I don't care if they retweet retweets) list these items:

Follow:False
Shared:False
Unique:False
Like:False

Is the "Unique" here referring to "Unique Items per Account"? One I just ran one that had "Unique:True" and yet it's still retweeting retweets ... Just thought I'd point that out if it's relevant.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Thanks for confirming.

I must be missing something so let me start again at the beginning.

two issues
1) retweets are appearing in the userfeed

2) the program is incorrectly reporting it has retweeted from profile X when you are sure it hasn't

Let me run some new tests and I think I need to get a debugging update out for you that will dump all the information that may be required to find out more what is going on for you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

original tweets only fix

I still cannot replicate your per profile X days issue for me it is just working.

Can you clear logs
HELP > LOGS > DELETE

Run your retweet action as normal
submit logs
HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

I have cleaned up the logging a bit so should be easier to try and figure out what is happening for you

Regards,
Martin
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for the update and help.

My first run things appear to be fine. I retweet from 8 accounts and all were original tweets - I checked the accounts and a few had retweets as the most recent activity but those were bypassed for the first original tweet, which is obviously what it's supposed to do.

I used the same settings as earlier runs ("Unique Items" unchecked, Filter set to "Original Tweets Only" and "Once per Profile per Days" set to 0). I submitted a log anyway: #2911 just in case that's any help to you.

I will continue to monitor tomorrow on other accounts just to be sure.

One little, unrelated (and very minor) thing I noticed: The TwitterDub logo was replaced somehow with, I assume, the default Windows app logo (Looks like this: https://i.stack.imgur.com/vY5dQ.png)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

"Once per Profile per Days" set to 0). I submitted a log anyway: #2911 just in case that's any help to you.
No help I'm afraid, 0 basically means "option is not operational". So would need that value to 1 or greater for the function to be fired, then we can see why it seems to think it has processed profileA within the last X days, when you say it hasn't