Problems with version 2001

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
sanmes

Problems with version 2001

Post by sanmes »

Hello,

By mistake I installed the newest version and now I can't use twitterdub :( :

I am having problems since I installed the latest version(2.001), I downloaded and installed twitterdub_installer_v2.001.exe but when I run the program I get the message saying that there is a new version but this one is the newest version! At the same time I get a .Net error "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application... Parameter is not valid"
************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Image.get_RawFormat()
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Int32 x, Int32 y)
at System.Drawing.Graphics.DrawImage(Image image, Point point)
at LibWinControls.LibWinControlsLightbox.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintTransparentBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle, Region transparentRegion)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle, Color backColor, Point scrollOffset)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintBackground(PaintEventArgs e, Rectangle rectangle)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnPaintBackground(PaintEventArgs pevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I press 'continue' but when I run the processor it can't issue tweets:

Login: Failed validate:
* FAILED: logging in: 878973877211 : Failed to login: Couldn't not validate: 200 https://twitter.com/login/error?username_or_email

Help please.
Thank you
sanmes

Re: Problems with version 2001

Post by sanmes »

the last mentioned issue, "Login: Failed validate" is now solved and twitterdub is tweeting as before. I don't know how this happened as hours ago it was working fine before the update and now I noticed the twitter password for the account was not the current one, I just had to update it.

The .NET issue though continues.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Just for future reference:

Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

The .net issue is strange, it is coming from the GUI code which has not changed. Can you explain EXACTLY when the error appears. What were you doing.

If you restart the program. Can you cause the issue to appear by a fixed set of instructions? If so, please detail those out step by step

Login: Failed validate:
* FAILED: logging in: 878973877211 : Failed to login: Couldn't not validate: 200 https://twitter.com/login/error?username_or_email
That return URL by twitter means the username / password was wrong.

Ok, I see your later post saying you figured this out. Any idea if you could have possible accidentally changed the password? Was it just wrong, or was it something like:

password: p4a55w0rd1
wrong: p4a55w0rd1a

where the actually passworrd had been appended (indicates accidentally touched keyboard)
sanmes

Post by sanmes »

Thank you, I will check the .net issue later on again but I closed and opened the program several times but this error always showed up when the program started after showing the box saying that there is a new version available.

Regarding the password issue, the password was completely different was a password I used before January 2018.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sanmes wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:20 pm Thank you, I will check the .net issue later on again but I closed and opened the program several times but this error always showed up when the program started after showing the box saying that there is a new version available.

Regarding the password issue, the password was completely different was a password I used before January 2018.
Regarding your password. Is it possible that you just never updated it in TD before? The program would not have needed your password once you had authorised to the API APP KEYS and would use your authorisation keys. So if you changed your password manually a year ago, you wouldn't have had to have updated TD with the new password, it would have kept working. I am thinking this is probably the case.

I imagine you are not going to be the only one with this issue, so I will put out an update to better detect this and log it clearly

Next time you open the program, if the issue appears, DO NOT DO ANYTHING.

Goto the directory:
%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub

then zip up the logs folder (right click > send to > zip)

If the file is less than 8mb, email it to me:

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
Otherwise upload somewhere and send me the link

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sanmes

Post by sanmes »

Thank you, :D
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

things are now working?
sanmes

Post by sanmes »

They are working but some minutes ago I noticed something: I have a file with tweets where I use \n to break a line and it isn't working as before, instead of breaking a line on twitter it shows the '\n'. I changed all the \n in the file to <br> and it is working fine, but it always worked fine with '\n' in previous versions. (I am sorry if this is not the proper way to present an issue but I haven't had the time yet to read the link you posted above)

Offtopic question, can I bulk delete my tweets with photos(the media archive) using twitterdub? Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sanmes wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:06 pm They are working but some minutes ago I noticed something: I have a file with tweets where I use \n to break a line and it isn't working as before, instead of breaking a line on twitter it shows the '\n'. I changed all the \n in the file to <br> and it is working fine, but it always worked fine with '\n' in previous versions. (I am sorry if this is not the proper way to present an issue but I haven't had the time yet to read the link you posted above)
I must have missed that in the port to the new system. Let me look into it
Offtopic question, can I bulk delete my tweets with photos(the media archive) using twitterdub? Thanks
ACCOUNTS tab will allow you to specify a file of tweets to delete, but you need to prepare the list yourself