*RELEASE* Twitterdub 2.004 now released (stable)

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

*RELEASE* Twitterdub 2.004 now released (stable)

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Brand new complete rewrite moving automations to the website (away from the API).

Free to all existing users. Just download the update

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/download.html
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

NOTE: This is a brand new update, some issues may be expected. If the existing version still works for you and current functioning levels is critical please wait until you update.

New features:
* DM Images / videos
* Multi image upload
* Reply to tweets with video / images (including multi images)
* Reply to users with video / images (including multi images)
* Twiitter advanced search complete support
JasperJones

Re: *RELEASE* Twitterdub2.0 now released

Post by JasperJones »

Hey Martin,

Thank you.

I currently have processing that is ongoing with the older version. These Account APIs were not deleted and continued to work. After installing the update, should I redo the processing to not use the APIs?

Thanks
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

If the current version is working for you, stick with it for the time being.

This is a BRAND NEW UPDATE. 100% all new code. Bugs are expected. Things may not work like they did before. Existing actions may not work and need rebuilding.

Literally every single line of code relating to twitter has been rewritten. That is a lot. It is basically a brand new program.

I have done my best to assure things "should" just keep working, but experience teaches me they won't. With some many options / actions / specifications / ways of doing things. Problems are expected.

With that said, if you don't care, by all means jump on the update. If smooth working is CRITICAL to you and the current version is still working. Hold off updating for as long as you can is my advice

WARNING AFTER UPDATING, YOU CANNOT REVERT BACK TO THE OLD API VERSION.
It is very unlikely to work, it is possible your data will be corrupted. DO NOT DO IT (unless you have backedup and are aware of the potential issues)

After installing the update, should I redo the processing to not use the APIs?
As above, everything should just work normally. Your old actions should just run but with the new automation framework.

I don't want to be too alarmist, just make you completely aware of POTENTIAL problems on day 1 of release.
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for the quick turnaround on the update. One question related to the previous post is that will the program only work with accounts that have an API account? Due to my great luck in timing I purchased about a dozen PVA accounts a couple of days before Twitter dropped the hammer and didn't get to setting up their APIs.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 3:06 pm Thanks for the quick turnaround on the update. One question related to the previous post is that will the program only work with accounts that have an API account? Due to my great luck in timing I purchased about a dozen PVA accounts a couple of days before Twitter dropped the hammer and didn't get to setting up their APIs.
The new update does not do anything with the API. The program does all it's automations via the website.

Accounts that ALREADY had API access BEFORE twitter closed it, can still use the old twitterdub (API version).

If your do not already have API apps setup, you *have* to use the new website version, twitterdub2.0
faressallam

Post by faressallam »

How i can do Auto FollowBack with the new version ??
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

faressallam wrote: Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:16 pm How i can do Auto FollowBack with the new version ??
please try to post each issue in it's own thread from now on.

Currently "react to new followers" is not possible. It will be coming in a new update over the next couple of days all being well
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

new update everyone on 2.000 is advised to update

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kissmylilstar