NOTICE - TWITTER REMOVING PUBLIC API july 25th 2018

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
rsbmanish

Re: NOTICE - TWITTER REMOVING PUBLIC API july 25th 2018

Post by rsbmanish »

Thank god. I was from a long time waiting for a web version. I stopped using td 1-2 months back when twitter started blocking accounts following even 100 users per day through API based softwares. I lost so many clients who said they can follow 100s of accounts themselves but my work was making them change password. Then i started using my own codes on browser with some macros and it was working fine. Desperately waiting to try this version.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Testing still progressing, few problems came to light with the new search system.

Possibly RC ready later today
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Web site version is working now - with delicate tests (trying not to break things).

On with trying to break things now / tomorrow and all being well RC release will be tomorrow midday (GMT-5hrs).

I think there will be a few undocumented features that will break / not be added, but am sure if they are wanted people will let me know and they can be added (and documented this time)

The update was a lot bigger than I thought it would be so no extra features for initial release, need to get this out first.

Then planned dev still todo:
* react new followers (replacement for watch new followers)
* inbox custom auto replies
* inbox custom auto reply sequences
* watch folder upload photoshoots
* watch folder upload videos
* search multi accounts - although now there is a much more advanced caching from search results > filtering so this feature *may* be redundant anyway...
JasperJones

Post by JasperJones »

Hey Martin!

Thanks for your hard work and effort in launching this massive update. I have two questions for when you have a moment:

1. This is the web versions, does this mean that a browser will pop up during processing?
2. Is this considered Twitterdub 2.0 - as in a new software to purchase?

Thanks!
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Lucky timing? Or intelligent preparation? :) Curious what the new toolset will look like - and work!
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

JasperJones wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:04 am Hey Martin!

Thanks for your hard work and effort in launching this massive update. I have two questions for when you have a moment:

1. This is the web versions, does this mean that a browser will pop up during processing?
No, from a users point of view, everything will work the same, just you won't have to mess around with API KEY / AUTHORISATION (and the stream actions will be removed)
2. Is this considered Twitterdub 2.0 - as in a new software to purchase?
Thanks!
It will be considered Twitterdub2.0 (this just means the version will be 2.x), but will be free for all existing customers (even though charging you all again would be a nice payday lol )
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:17 pm Lucky timing? Or intelligent preparation? :) Curious what the new toolset will look like - and work!

It will look the exact same (nothing visual has changed).
It should just work the same, so for your existing accounts, it will be as if nothing has changed. Well that is what "should" happen. But with a major rewrite of all automation logic bugs are to be expected. So if that is a problem, it is recommend to hold off updating unless the API version has stopped working for you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Sorry guys a few things are still not working and am unsure why.

Is looking likely Monday will be the RC release date if / when I get these last remaining things sorted
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Not in a rush yet - will test with that 1 account that is blocked for now
jblue

Post by jblue »

will this release today?