NOTICE - TWITTER REMOVING PUBLIC API july 25th 2018

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

NOTICE - TWITTER REMOVING PUBLIC API july 25th 2018

Post by martin@rootjazz »

https://blog.twitter.com/developer/en_u ... tform.html

As of yesterday Twitterdub can NOT create new API keys. Existing keys should still work, as should authorisation to existing keys. But this won't last for ever, they will make ALL api keys request permissiong to exist.

If you need new API keys, it may be possible for you to create / request them manually and add to the program. As to how to get through the request stage, I have no idea sorry.

As to the future of twitterdub, as above, for now is working with existing keys and I am looking into ways to automate things through different means. I will keep you posted
bitcoin

Re: NOTICE - TWITTER REMOVING PUBLIC API july 25th 2018

Post by bitcoin »

Have I recently mentioned that I hate twitter?

I *hate* twitter.

Yet I live off of it ;-(
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Twitterdub v2.0 should be ready in a day or two. Basically everything is not updated to use the website, just got the piping code to update now connecting it all together.

All being well should be some new features coming in as well.

The only things which are not going to be possible are the WATCH / STREAM features, although I have something working for watching for new followers, it won't be instant, but good enough I hope
jblue

Post by jblue »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:16 pm https://blog.twitter.com/developer/en_u ... tform.html

As of yesterday Twitterdub can NOT create new API keys. Existing keys should still work, as should authorisation to existing keys. But this won't last for ever, they will make ALL api keys request permissiong to exist.

If you need new API keys, it may be possible for you to create / request them manually and add to the program. As to how to get through the request stage, I have no idea sorry.

As to the future of twitterdub, as above, for now is working with existing keys and I am looking into ways to automate things through different means. I will keep you posted
exiting keys are not working either they are removing all api's and making you register for account approval
jblue

Post by jblue »

exiting keys are not working either they are removing all api's and making you register for account approval this program is officially dead
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

jblue wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:06 pm existing keys are not working either they are removing all api's and making you register for account approval this program is officially dead
Haven't you read? TD will be v2 with web-emulation, like some other tools out there... It's stressing time now for Martin ;-)

And up to now I only have 1 (random) account which APIs were retracted... Applying to re-enable them now.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

jblue wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 5:06 pm exiting keys are not working either they are removing all api's and making you register for account approval this program is officially dead
Are you sure?

They reported they killed 140k api apps. But if your api key was not killed, it should still work. But as bitcoin posted (and I) the program is being updated. However it takes time and there was no advanced notice from twitter. They reported it on the day they did it. Basically the program needs a 100% update. This is a lot of work, but all being well should be ready in a day or two, which is less than a week, which I think is quite good in all honesty
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

To be fair... It was announced some time ago that API's would get limits... Even the date was announced. But you are right: how and what - that remained a secret until now :(
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:34 pm To be fair... It was announced some time ago that API's would get limits... Even the date was announced. But you are right: how and what - that remained a secret until now :(
They announced they would be changing the stream APIs and DMs. They did not announce they would be making the API request access only. If they did, they update would have been made before.

They announced they were all but killing the API on the day they did it, no public warning
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

All automations are now made, internal testing has begun. I imagine this will take 1-2 days. So so major problems withstanding, the new twitterdub update will be ready Wednesday evening / Thursday

Regards,
Martin