NOTICE - TWITTER REMOVING PUBLIC API july 25th 2018

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: NOTICE - TWITTER REMOVING PUBLIC API july 25th 2018

Post by bitcoin »

Still in the process of requesting API keys... These frackers are not kidding around. And I'm sure as soon as (IF) they approve me, I'll get locked the next day for being illegal, still :(
Thanks for applying for access!

In order to complete our review of your application, we need additional information about your use case. The most common types of information that can help expedite our review include:

The core use case, intent, or business purpose for your use of the Twitter APIs

If you intend to analyze Tweets, Twitter users, or their content, share details about the analyses you plan to conduct and the methods or techniques

If your use involves Tweeting, Retweeting, or liking content, share how you will interact with Twitter users or their content

If you’ll display Twitter content off of Twitter, explain how and where Tweets and Twitter content will be displayed to users of your product or service, including whether Tweets and Twitter content will be displayed at row level or aggregated

To provide this information to Twitter, reply to this email.

Thank you for your interest in building on Twitter.
Hello,

Your Twitter account (or accounts associated with you) currently has multiple registered applications, in potential violation of Twitter's rules on the use of multiple API keys for a single use case. You can learn more about those rules here.

If these applications serve distinct use cases under our policies, please reply to this email with a specific use case for each registered application.

If these applications do not serve distinct use cases, please log into your existing account on https://apps.twitter.com/ and delete any applications which are in violation of our rules.

When you have completed these actions please reply to this email. Once we have confirmed that your existing access complies with our rules, we will continue our review of your application for Twitter Developer Account access.

Thank you for your interest in building on Twitter.

Regards,

Twitter
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

They are never going to let you in, if they do, they are never going to let you stay in.

I hope I am wrong, but...
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

:( looks like that way - still no response. Why did you think so though?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:31 pm :( looks like that way - still no response. Why did you think so though?
because twitter started cracking down on bitcoin / altcoin and that is what you / part of what you do.

They want ad companies / agencies. Which I don't think you are (I may be wrong).

But I think they want to move away from people using it for botting and move more to services / value add etc. And that isn't users like us :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Well, I'm planning to incorporate it all next year somewhere ;p

And believe me, I've been almost waiting for paid services just to get Twitter stable. It's horrible. So you feel it's a crypto crackdown too? Opinions are divided. For sure, politics are taboo. My crypto politics account (and-Drumpf) is completely shadowbanned.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:32 am Well, I'm planning to incorporate it all next year somewhere ;p

And believe me, I've been almost waiting for paid services just to get Twitter stable. It's horrible. So you feel it's a crypto crackdown too? Opinions are divided. For sure, politics are taboo. My crypto politics account (and-Drumpf) is completely shadowbanned.
I remember reading somehwhere that twitter (or was it facebook) banned crypto ads and were banning accounts.
bitcoin wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:32 am Well, I'm planning to incorporate it all next year somewhere ;p
Not sure that would help, some anonymous off shore crypto registered in belize with a bank account in another country doesn't exactly scream open and accountable business ;-)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Not that kind of business ;p
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

:lol: