Can't create new API keys on Twitter

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Thedrs

Can't create new API keys on Twitter

Post by Thedrs »

Twitter says: As of July 2018, you must apply for a Twitter developer account and be approved before you may create new apps. Once approved, you will be able to create new apps from developer.twitter.com.

For the near future, you can continue to manage existing apps here on apps.twitter.com. However, we will soon retire this site and consolidate all developer tools, API access, and app management within the developer portal at developer.twitter.com. You will be able to access and manage existing apps through that portal when we retire this site.

Existing apps work. But you can't create new ones. Application period is very tough.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Can't create new API keys on Twitter

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Yes I read it yesterday. TwitterDub as it exists is dead for new apps.

The program will not be able to make accounts for you.
Maybe you can request API access manually. This may be acceptable to users promoting their own / real / business account. This will not be possible for marketing users.

When twitter kills off existing apps (makes them requests permission) then everything will stop working unless you can manually request permission.

I will be investigating alternative automation methods this week and all being well an update should be ready soon
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Updates on the issue will be made here:
https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=6962

But yes, I think the API is going to be severely limited and they are not going to allow just anyone to use it. Certainly not individuals.