Many TD crashes last few days (no errors given)

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Many TD crashes last few days (no errors given)

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:04 pm the other program logs everything in countless of smaller files
I don't think this would be the issue. Opening a file handle, writing to file, closing handle is nothing. You can do this millions of times to a million different files and it shouldn't cause any issues
The other bot still crashes once in a while though - annoying their support with it as we speak :)
lol, I can imagine :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:19 pm Latest version starts normal again. So weird this ;p
you could try a test. Don't run TD for 2-3 days. Does the other program still crash?

Don't run the other program and just TD, does TD still crash?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

It's just 2 programs I had problems crashing troubles with. At the moment, just the one and TD seems ok. For the other bot, I have 2 installations (one in the USA, one in the EU), both installations crash. I only have 1 TD installation.

Time you programmers go x64 I feel :) They are still x86 too... Weird limitation I feel?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

yes I know. Our issue we are reliant on some external libraries which make it difficult and a big rewrite. It is in process and all being well in 2-3 months something should be coming out to handle this.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

and here I am thinking you are slacking all days ;-) Curious what you'll come up with (and I'm surprised you seem to know what's causing the crashes here?)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Fri Jun 29, 2018 4:45 pm and here I am thinking you are slacking all days ;-)
:evil:

lol
(and I'm surprised you seem to know what's causing the crashes here?)
Not sure I understand. I don't "know", but can make guesses as to previous issues
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Went pretty good, except for the starting error, TD kept working with v1.456 - 19/07/2018

Yet yesterday it started crashing again. I haven't done anything new in the last week at least, so it's beyond me. Even hyper-v client restart didn't help matters :/

I guess I must update to v2 now?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

It might be because I hadn't cleaned up the completed actions in quite a while... I saw RAM rise like crazy and then crash again.

Also, version 2.0 still starts with the same error screen ;p

Post-edit: no, it's not the amount of completed tasks. Next suspect: too many log files for TD to handle? Zipping, mailing & testing next.
Later post-edit: no, it's not the amount of logs (<800 files; <25MB). RAM usages still goes way up to 1.4 GB RAM usage, about the time the program crashes again ;-(

Anything I can upload here? Using the latest version 2.0.5 (and you have an email with all the logs).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

As per emails.

It sounds like a action bug infinite loop / memory leak causing the app to bomb out. Instructions on how to try and find out more as per email
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

finally will be able to test it this evening - appreciated! And sorry for the delays...Defrag lead to lost ReFS volume... slow data recovery... and now a reboot taking 2 days already :(

Yeay! Imagine how happy my customers are :( So I sure hope it works Xd