Can we retweet a shadow-banned account?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Can we retweet a shadow-banned account?

Post by bitcoin »

Ok, I'll test TD next time I encounter a shadowbanned account.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

ok, let me know how it goes
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

+1

(upvoted your reply ;p)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

-------------
without re-reading: restarting the original question: can we retweet a shadow-banned account?

I encountered this problem once again yesterday, where I want to retweet from my helper accounts but I'm unable to do so because they are shadow-banned.

So I started looking around and found a tool that has a solution: Quote:

Q: I tried scraping tweets from a user, I know that they exist but I'm not getting them

A: Twitter can shadow-ban accounts, which means that their tweets will not be available via search.
To solve this, pass --profile-full if you are using Twint via CLI or, if are using Twint as module, add config.Profile_full = True. Please note that this process will be quite slow.

Source: ​https://github.com/twintproject/twint

Would be really great if TD could at least start working with its output... Let alone fully incorporate its solution in some way so we can (finally) RT shadowbanned accounts :) That is, assuming TD still can't do that :)

Test: https://shadowban.eu/daico_news
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

can you send me the URL of a shadow banned account. Email if is private

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
Then, from what you say, if I try and RETWEET the latest post from them, it won't work? Or it will "seem" to work, but you won't see it in my feed?

Or you will see it in my feed, but you won't find my retweet via search (same as the original tweet, you cannot search and find it ever)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I haven't tested it with TD yet ... Ergo, the subject :) I had to give up last time...
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

and a shadowbanned account cannot be searched, indeed. So any queries made to twitter, will give 0 results for those accounts.

E.g.: https://shadowban.eu/daico_news
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

the program will do what happens in twitter.com

if you retweet a shadow banned tweet in your normal account, it will appear in your feed, no idea if you retweet will appear in searches.

Your other option is to REPLY tab but uncheck reply option, so the tweet is copied and posted as a new tweet (works with text, probably doesn't work with media tweets
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

" so the tweet is copied and posted as a new tweet (works with text, probably doesn't work with media tweets"
That's actually a feature I was looking for so I can retweet accounts that blocked me (John McAfee). I have a helper account that can retweet him but that has no use: I still can't see the retweeted content. This looks like it gives what I need. Can it include the tweet's URL too?

For shadowbanned accounts: I forgot to mention, maybe, that it needs to retweet & filter out content I like. So TD cannot do that, correct? Can it export the tweets to a text file instead? Maybe I can load it with my other bot that has great filtering qualities and should be able to import tweet files...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:36 pm " so the tweet is copied and posted as a new tweet (works with text, probably doesn't work with media tweets"
That's actually a feature I was looking for so I can retweet accounts that blocked me (John McAfee). I have a helper account that can retweet him but that has no use: I still can't see the retweeted content. This looks like it gives what I need. Can it include the tweet's URL too?
No, not currently. Should be simple enough to add a token for it. Remind me end of the week.
For shadowbanned accounts: I forgot to mention, maybe, that it needs to retweet & filter out content I like. So TD cannot do that, correct?
I am not sure what you mean "filter out content I like". Can you explain what you want to do? I assume the filter tab doesn't have the options you require?

Can it export the tweets to a text file instead? Maybe I can load it with my other bot that has great filtering qualities and should be able to import tweet files...
try SCRAPE TAB
I think there is an option to scrape body of tweet, which would save to a file for use as you wish