Can we retweet a shadow-banned account?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Can we retweet a shadow-banned account?

Post by bitcoin »

One of the teams I'm promoting (https://twitter.com/mogwaicoin) appears to be shadow banned. I know this because if I search on twitter for: from:@teamname I get 0 results. Which is a shadowban.

So any retweet bot that works with a from:teamname query fails me. Can TD retweet those shadowbanned accounts? It needs to retweet Latest tweets and exclude replies and optionally retweets @teamname made. It also should ignore tweets older than xy days (though a "no-more-than-yz-tweet-results" would work to, so for example; only the last 5 tweets should be looked at - once retweeted they can't be retweeted again even if the team suddenly stops tweeting. I hate crawling back in time bugs where I start retweeting old sheit).
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Can we retweet a shadow-banned account?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

I don't see why not, as long as the userfeed search can get the profiles tweets, it should work.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Am I not understanding you are are you missing my point? If you do from:useraccount you get 0 results despite they tweeted... So where or how to solve that with TD?

Enjoy your weekend
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:14 pm Am I not understanding you are are you missing my point? If you do from:useraccount you get 0 results despite they tweeted... So where or how to solve that with TD?

Enjoy your weekend
I don't see why not, as long as the userfeed search can get the profiles tweets, it should work.
What martin tried to say is -

IF userfeed search returns the profile tweets then is possible. This is a generic answer.
To you, if you search the profile and nothing comes up with the profile then it is not possible to retweet.

I will make the thing easy ..

If the account is shadow banned (the results of search does not show the acc - or is completely removed from search result)
and you still want to retweet that profiles tweets then - just target the profile( no search and get results - just get latest tweet of that account ) and retweet the data.

Did you mean anything else?
Then please say..

Regards
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Can you screenshot me? The account by now is unshadowbanned again but I'm sure I'm gonna encounter this problem again :/
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:22 pm Can you screenshot me? The account by now is unshadowbanned again but I'm sure I'm gonna encounter this problem again :/
I think i am not understanding your question-

I can see the account and just retweeted its latest post and worked fine for me.

Screenshot as wanted -

Regards
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

:( please read carefully...
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 3:14 pm Am I not understanding you are are you missing my point? If you do from:useraccount you get 0 results despite they tweeted... So where or how to solve that with TD?

Enjoy your weekend
My apologies if I misunderstood.

If your question purely around the user of the search term:

If so, then I am not sure this is supported in the bot. I know the website has different formattings allowed (such as the above) but I don't think they work in TD by default.
One of the teams I'm promoting (https://twitter.com/mogwaicoin) appears to be shadow banned. I know this because if I search on twitter for: from:@teamname I get 0 results. Which is a shadowban.
ok, so this term fails on twitter.com
So any retweet bot that works with a from:teamname query fails me.
Maybe this is the confusion. Are you saying that previously, this term DID work in TD? But now doesn't?
Can TD retweet those shadowbanned accounts? It needs to retweet Latest tweets and exclude replies and optionally retweets @teamname made. It also should ignore tweets older than xy days (though a "no-more-than-yz-tweet-results" would work to, so for example; only the last 5 tweets should be looked at - once retweeted they can't be retweeted again even if the team suddenly stops tweeting.
As @support said above, you would use a custom search:
LATEST POST / RECENT POSTS / USER TWEETS

This should work it is NOT the same as "from: @user" it will be using a different search mechanism.

If I am still not understanding, can you please explain again
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Thanks. Can you elaborate a bit on this bit: "it will be using a different search mechanism."

And this would be in the tab "Retweet"?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Thu Jun 14, 2018 10:20 am Thanks. Can you elaborate a bit on this bit: "it will be using a different search mechanism."
the website works with from:username as it does not use the API that the bot uses.

What works in the website (equally does not work in the website) may not be the same as what works in the bot

And this would be in the tab "Retweet"?
The differences between bot and the website are bot wide. The bot uses the twitter API (hence the having to setup API KEYS / AUTHORISE etc

The website is a different system / works differently