'Tweet Filter' not working in latest version

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
abitmiffed

'Tweet Filter' not working in latest version

Post by abitmiffed »

Hi. None of the Tweet Filters are working in the latest version (1.4.4.1). I've tried ignore/include words and min followers as filter criteria but nothing is included as a filter. Here's the control file for the search and tweet reply function I'm trying to use; this actually has min likes filter crtieria and ignore words set but as you can see there's nothing in the control file to enable this filter functionality -as a result it replies to every tweet without filtering:

SearchTerm:useridimsearchingfor
CustomSingleProcessingValue:
PauseMin:1
PauseMax:9
PercentItemsToProcess:0
NumMaxIncrementPerRepeat:0
StopNumMaxIncrementsAfter :0
NumMax:50
RepeatEveryXHours:0
NumRepeatsTodo:0
RepeatEveryXMins:0
FluctuateRepeatEveryXMins:0
MaxDailyRepeatsAllowed:0
FluctuateMaxItemsTodo:0
Follow:False
Shared:False
Unique:True
Reply:True
Retweet:False
Like:False
BRepeatFromstart:False
BAlwaysRunNext:False
BAlwaysRunNow:False
Account:myaccount
List Accounts:

Any clues? Thanks!
abitmiffed

Re: 'Tweet Filter' not working in latest version

Post by abitmiffed »

I was hoping for a response by now as currently can't do what I'm setting out to achieve. Any type of filter (user or tweet) across all of the different functions (find and reply tweet, profile scraping etc..) simplyfails. I just tried to scrape profiles where min followers was 4000 but it's bringing back all profiles irrespective of follower count. Anybody else out there having the same issues or would support like to chime in. Thanks
abitmiffed

Post by abitmiffed »

Yeh, definitely no remembering any filters. Just tried to set up a watch user task to reply automatically when someone tweets but I need to define 'ignore tweet text' so it only replies to certain tweets. When I enter the 'ignore tweet text' update and save the task when I go back in it's immediately forgotten what I've set for 'ignore tweet text' (it says 'no ignore'). PLEASE HELP! (BTW, I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no dice)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

abitmiffed wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 3:19 am I was hoping for a response by now as currently can't do what I'm setting out to achieve.
My apologies, your post came in just as support was finishing for the day (time zones)
Any type of filter (user or tweet) across all of the different functions (find and reply tweet, profile scraping etc..) simplyfails. I just tried to scrape profiles where min followers was 4000 but it's bringing back all profiles irrespective of follower count. Anybody else out there having the same issues or would support like to chime in. Thanks

I have just tested filters on a follow (hashtag) search and a like action (tag search) and the filter was applied and the values checked correctly filtering in and out as it should.

Can you specify an EXACT action and search you are performing that is causing the filter to not be applied.

Also, for future reference. Please, read through this post and submit your issue accordingly. Not everything will be relevant to your issue, but have a read as it gives an idea of the information you can provide to help me help you as quickly as possible without delays in having to request additional information :)

https://rootjazz.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1634

Regards,
Martin
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

abitmiffed wrote: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:42 am Yeh, definitely no remembering any filters. Just tried to set up a watch user task to reply automatically when someone tweets but I need to define 'ignore tweet text' so it only replies to certain tweets. When I enter the 'ignore tweet text' update and save the task when I go back in it's immediately forgotten what I've set for 'ignore tweet text' (it says 'no ignore'). PLEASE HELP! (BTW, I have uninstalled and reinstalled but no dice)
Can you provide exact steps to what you are doing. Your use of words as "remembering" and "go back in" makes me think there is a misunderstanding of how things work.

Once you have created your action, the options in the tab *no longer* apply to the action, you cannot go back to the tab and make changes to the action once it is in the processor.

You set the options / parameters / inputs. Create the action. The action is now processed as created