Twitter blocking accounts for suspicious activities

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
rsbmanish

Twitter blocking accounts for suspicious activities

Post by rsbmanish »

I am facing a lot of trouble from twitter on follow actions. I request the Twitterdub community and admins to advice.
i always use follow action to get followers for clients and use global api keys. Recently had 3-4 accounts working on global api keys but same IP as i was facing proxy issues (which martin solved) but almost all of the accounts were getting blocks.
So i have changed my working style. I make personal app for each and every account by doing it manually logging in to browser and then updating the API keys and oauth keys to TD while logging into account. Gave one proxy to each account separately and started follows. The accounts with bigger amount of followers like 20k didnt get blocked. But one account with only 45-50 followers was blocked. I was just following 9-11 users with gap of 20-30 secs and repeat at 1.45mins with fluctuate mins +-10. I do pause the action for 3-4 hours at night. The action went on for 6-7 days but i didnt get any follow back though the target accounts were real and good.

Today one more account got blocked which was just added with these settings-

TD version 1.432
Account is 10 months old- 134 followings and 15 followers. About 350 tweets

Code: Select all

SearchTerm:C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\rootjazz\Twitterdub\saved_data\rbjr search_fers of ***_2018-05-28.txt
PauseMin:25
PauseMax:40
PercentItemsToProcess:0
NumMaxIncrementPerRepeat:0
StopNumMaxIncrementsAfter :0
NumMax:10
RepeatEveryXHours:1
NumRepeatsTodo:0
RepeatEveryXMins:40
FluctuateRepeatEveryXMins:15
MaxDailyRepeatsAllowed:0
FluctuateMaxItemsTodo:2
Like:False
Shared:False
Unique:True
Retweet:False
This action ran the 7th time today and the account got blocked with change password request to the owner saying that they have seen some unusual activity. I dont understand where I am going wrong. If such slow follows are going wrong, should there be other approach?
P.S. - I added the newly made api keys and started the actions right away. Could this be a reason? The proxy is good as i use dedicated IPs and run my own server. Has anyone successfully worked on twitter who can suggest me? Is twitter follow backs always so slow?
support@rootjazz

Re: Twitter blocking accounts for suspicious activities

Post by support@rootjazz »

I have read all the text you wrote.

I would always suggest you to use

1. Good IP
2. Own API not global if accs quality is good (old)
3. Twitter does not care about old/new accounts
4. Try batch follow ( short follow amount in short time then sleep for long time )
5. New social media tactics came in town .. If follow/following ratio is very low - accs are being watched or gets blocks or gets trouble.. Make sure the accs looks good and real not Spammy..
6. Things are different for each account so - there is no sure ways of being PERFECT in twitter

This much data is good for anyone who is doing twitter and i have tried with this.. very gentle and workd fine untill last month.

Regards
rsbmanish

Post by rsbmanish »

support@rootjazz wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 2:30 am I have read all the text you wrote.

I would always suggest you to use

1. Good IP
2. Own API not global if accs quality is good (old)
3. Twitter does not care about old/new accounts
4. Try batch follow ( short follow amount in short time then sleep for long time )
5. New social media tactics came in town .. If follow/following ratio is very low - accs are being watched or gets blocks or gets trouble.. Make sure the accs looks good and real not Spammy..
6. Things are different for each account so - there is no sure ways of being PERFECT in twitter

This much data is good for anyone who is doing twitter and i have tried with this.. very gentle and workd fine untill last month.

Regards
Thanks a lot support-
Points 1-2 is what I am following already.
Point 4- can u give me an example in context to my work? I followed 8-12 in every 1.40 hours. Do u mean I should take even larger break or what I have done is fine?
Point 5 makes perfect sense. Whenever I get a block it’s usually I have followed about 300-400 accounts and got no or very less follow back. Should a workaround be used here like sending fake followers? Which will improve this ratio?? I had another client who gave me work for a day and then told me to stop as she didn’t gain even a single follower in one day. She chose another service and since then got steady followers. She had only 80 followers when I started but now reached to 370 with following about 3000. I am confused how that seller has promoted her with no issues.
@support I see you have done quiet some experience in TD yourself. Pls advice an example of the strategy. Also do u think browser based bots work better on TD??
support@rootjazz

Point 4- can u give me an example in context to my work? I followed 8-12 in every 1.40 hours. Do u mean I should take even larger break or what I have done is fine?
Is not bad at all. is safe. Not sure what issue here.
Which will improve this ratio??
Why people will follow you? Put that reason in your profile. :)

I am confused how that seller has promoted her with no issues.
Really hard to say..
@support I see you have done quiet some experience in TD yourself. Pls advice an example of the strategy. Also do u think browser based bots work better on TD??

TBH, i am a support person and i should not comment good or bad for other products or do comparison.
Well,

I had some experiences. Sometimes browser based puts less performance and sometimes API.
But, TD is good. Has almsot all the features. I would suggest you to master the

API
Its limit
Use Good IP ( twitter is now on it )
Good accs created with good IP

I have had the same thought like you but TD is better when you know how to use it and unfortunately you can know that
when you master it.

Regards
rsbmanish

Post by rsbmanish »

Thanks a lot support. I guess now it’s time to make a few accounts and get them blocked to know the way out.
rsbmanish

Post by rsbmanish »

Also i m open to suggestions from other experts using TD
support@rootjazz

rsbmanish wrote: Tue May 29, 2018 10:34 am Thanks a lot support. I guess now it’s time to make a few accounts and get them blocked to know the way out.
That would be a nice idea. :)

Regards
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

atm / last week or so there were HUGE problems with Twitter & followings. People would be unable to follow (no errors, but it wouldn't stick) and even have their followings number reset to 0. As far as we could tell, it involved exclusively cryptocurrency accounts (mostly things talking about ICOs & Ripple XRP). I don't know how life was for the rest of Twitter, but it was horrible. Also many many many accounts (legit ones!) or getting perma ban. Even I lost 1 - and a rather popular one at that :(

No idea if it fits in with your experiences, but if above happens to you... Disable your account for a few hours before logging back in. Twitter will re-create its indexes for your account, which can take up to 24 hours. After it, I think I lost about 30% of my impressions (but gained 13k followings all of a sudden...). Weird? Sure :)

Also, in general, if you CHANGE something - Twitter gets upset. Usually you'll have to do the unlock dance a few times until Twitter gives up / trusts you again (if it doesn't perma-ban you). If it stops nagging you, you might get impression limited instead though...

My 2 cents.
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 3:58 pm atm / last week or so there were HUGE problems with Twitter & followings. People would be unable to follow (no errors, but it wouldn't stick) and even have their followings number reset to 0. As far as we could tell, it involved exclusively cryptocurrency accounts (mostly things talking about ICOs & Ripple XRP). I don't know how life was for the rest of Twitter, but it was horrible. Also many many many accounts (legit ones!) or getting perma ban. Even I lost 1 - and a rather popular one at that :(

No idea if it fits in with your experiences, but if above happens to you... Disable your account for a few hours before logging back in. Twitter will re-create its indexes for your account, which can take up to 24 hours. After it, I think I lost about 30% of my impressions (but gained 13k followings all of a sudden...). Weird? Sure :)

Also, in general, if you CHANGE something - Twitter gets upset. Usually you'll have to do the unlock dance a few times until Twitter gives up / trusts you again (if it doesn't perma-ban you). If it stops nagging you, you might get impression limited instead though...

My 2 cents.

This is great information but more cryptocentric i guess. 1 suggestion to you.
You can go mass with 1- 21 main and target slowly with disposable accs and point them to 1 -2 maina acss. Disposable accs dies, you get quality followers.

Regards
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

(off-topic) that is one strategy. I have the accounts mostly because I might be tweeting too much so I have some overflow to those accounts. I'm planning on auto RT of anything the helpers tweeted that got a like or a retweet. But with my biggest helper 404, that plan kinda back-fired (a lot of news now doesn't get to my primary followers). Ah well, all I care about in the end is impressions.... If I only have 1 follower, John McAfee, and he retweets everything I tweet I'm more than happy :)

Peace!