Post Images Actions Disappeared

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Post Images Actions Disappeared

Post by kevshTO »

Logs: 5138
Updated the app yesterday (I have the Auto Check in Help option unchecked, but the app checks for updates anyway which probably deserves its own thread). In any case, so this is referring to 1.4.3.3. First, all my recurring Post Images actions did not reschedule after they ran. So I had to go and create new ones for every account. After they ran they did reschedule, however, this morning I re-open the app (update pop-up again ...) and all the Post Image actions are gone. Updated to 1.4.3.4 and obviously the actions did not miraculously return.

Guys, maybe I'm the only one experiencing these bugs but every time there's been an update recently something that was working fine gets broken. Before these last two updates everything was working fine and now my Retweet Images actions are failing (as mentioned in a separate post), all my Post Images actions are disappearing when I close the app. So now, again, I'm faced with a lot more work re-creating these actions every day until this is fixed and more babysitting this software due to the RT issue ... And if there was a way I could prevent that "Update" pop-up (which prevents the app from being used until its closed), at this point, I would simply avoid any updates because all they do is break things, redo dozens of actions, create logs and bug posts and lots of frustration.

Sorry for the rant but its getting ridiculous now.
Kevin

Edit: I've created new Post Image actions, closed the app and re-started and so far the actions are surviving (i.e. not being deleted). I'll update if anything changes, but at the very least please look into why they were deleted in the first place so this doesn't happen on future updates. :)
support@rootjazz

Re: Post Images Actions Disappeared

Post by support@rootjazz »

Guys, maybe I'm the only one experiencing these bugs but every time there's been an update recently something that was working fine gets broken. Before these last two updates everything was working fine and now my Retweet Images actions are failing (as mentioned in a separate post), all my Post Images actions are disappearing when I close the app. So now, again, I'm faced with a lot more work re-creating these actions every day until this is fixed and more babysitting this software due to the RT issue ... And if there was a way I could prevent that "Update" pop-up (which prevents the app from being used until its closed), at this point, I would simply avoid any updates because all they do is break things, redo dozens of actions, create logs and bug posts and lots of frustration.
We apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. The actions should not get deleted without users interaction.
I have reported your log to admin and he will reply here back after investigation.
Edit: I've created new Post Image actions, closed the app and re-started and so far the actions are surviving (i.e. not being deleted). I'll update if anything changes, but at the very least please look into why they were deleted in the first place so this doesn't happen on future updates.
We are on it.

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Post Images Actions Disappeared

Post by martin@rootjazz »

My apologies for this, I was adding some new low level functionality that I didn't want to push live, but then twitter made changes which required I pushed an update out and I realised I had screwed up the update branches keeping things separate so had to push the full update I didn't want to put live yet. I thought everything was all working (for my tests there were no issues) but with so many potential action specifications, some issues did come to light after the update went live. For this I can only apologise.

But your actions will still exist, if you want I can get them back for you. I would need you to send me your:

dbaction
dbaccount

folders from the directory:
%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub\database\

Usually I do try and keep the test update
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

way ahead of the stable branch
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/download.html

So those who want new features but accept some issues may still be left to be found can, and those who are happy on an older version can also, however on occasion, twitter forces my hand and I have to update the stable branch before I would have previously.
Edit: I've created new Post Image actions, closed the app and re-started and so far the actions are surviving (i.e. not being deleted). I'll update if anything changes, but at the very least please look into why they were deleted in the first place so this doesn't happen on future updates. :)
Can you just double confirm the issues you had are all resolved? Or is there anything still effecting you?