RTing from List - Failing

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Re: RTing from List - Failing

Post by kevshTO »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:51 pm you are trying to RT profiles.
The program detects this, tries to pull the most recent tweet. In your logs, this fails because there are no tweets to scrape (private?)
then it cannot process nothing so displays the error (as you basically passed in nothing to retweet so it moves onto the next
I think I need to understand a little about how the program works. For example, does it consider a reply a tweet? How many tweets does it scan before it decides there are no tweets? This is important as many of these profiles retweet a LOT and many of their tweets are replies. If it's ignoring replies and/or not scanning deep enough that would certainly explain some failures.
(I do have the Original Tweets Only option checked, but that should include replies shouldn't it?)

Again, though, this wasn't a problem until I updated the software so I'm also curious if there was anything added/modified/removed in these last 2 versions that possibly could be affecting how existing retweet actions are processed?
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

I think I need to understand a little about how the program works. For example, does it consider a reply a tweet? How many tweets does it scan before it decides there are no tweets? This is important as many of these profiles retweet a LOT and many of their tweets are replies. If it's ignoring replies and/or not scanning deep enough that would certainly explain some failures.
(I do have the Original Tweets Only option checked, but that should include replies shouldn't it?)
Only original tweets are being considered by the tool.

How many tweets does it scan before it decides there are no tweets?
Not sure but you can specify the value.
This is important as many of these profiles retweet a LOT and many of their tweets are replies.
accounts retweets will not be considred as that is not original tweet of target profile.
If it's ignoring replies and/or not scanning deep enough that would certainly explain some failures.
Scanning deep - you can specify scan depth

Ignoring replies is crucial as there are options that will allow you to count replies. Do action on replies too.
(I do have the Original Tweets Only option checked, but that should include replies shouldn't it?
IF account has ORIGINAL TWEET created by him/herself then that will be considered as tweet and later will be processed. IF the profile has retweet as tweet in their timeline it will not be considered as tweet.

To end this issue, can you please send us few of your target profiles that i can check the issue fro you? I can see what is happening? What is wrong ? With profiles or the bot?

Again, though, this wasn't a problem until I updated the software so I'm also curious if there was anything added/modified/removed in these last 2 versions that possibly could be affecting how existing retweet actions are processed?

Have a look on update log -
here > https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html
1.435 - 15/05/2018
verify accounts update fix
login prompt logging of prompt hit
1.434 - 16/05/2018
create app keys update due to another twitter update
unlock callback url update due to another twitter update
RSS update fix
1.433 - 14/05/2018
create app keys update
unlike from file added
1.432 - 03/05/2018
updated search usertweets
1.431 - 02/05/2018
callback URL unlocking option added to ACCOUNTS tab
cache fix for tweets
update handle TOS acceptance on web login

Regards
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Just submitted a log from a single RT action #67371, this time the list of profile URLs included only my own - that is, accounts I have added to TwitterDub.

I did this because I noticed through testing today that TwitterDub would only retweet tweets from other people's accounts with a very few exceptions, even though I included my own Profile URLs in the list (roughly a ratio of 5 other people's accounts to 1 of mine). Scanning through the logs as the action ran I notice it is only selecting other people's accounts to process and completely avoiding any of min. It wasn't doing this before the latest update.

As you should see from the log files, this particular action completed immediately with no retweets processed. Each of my accounts listed have recent tweets, most in the past few hours and virtually none of them have been retweeted by the account specified in the action. So I'm at a loss to explain what is going on now.

Can you think of any possible reason why TwitterDub is skipping my accounts/profile URLs when included in a file with others and fails on *all* of them when they are the only ones listed in the file?

Here is the output from text file for the waiting action if this helps (this isn't the actual output from the action I submitted the log for but it's virtually the same):

SearchTerm:%path%\Twitter-Profile-URLs-All.txt
CustomSingleProcessingValue:
PauseMin:23
PauseMax:63
PercentItemsToProcess:0
NumMaxIncrementPerRepeat:0
StopNumMaxIncrementsAfter :0
NumMax:5
RepeatEveryXHours:0
NumRepeatsTodo:0
RepeatEveryXMins:0
FluctuateRepeatEveryXMins:0
MaxDailyRepeatsAllowed:0
FluctuateMaxItemsTodo:3
Follow:False
Shared:False
Unique:True
Like:False
BRepeatFromstart:False
BAlwaysRunNext:False
BAlwaysRunNow:False
Account:XXXXXXXX
List Accounts:
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

I did this because I noticed through testing today that TwitterDub would only retweet tweets from other people's accounts with a very few exceptions, even though I included my own Profile URLs in the list (roughly a ratio of 5 other people's accounts to 1 of mine). Scanning through the logs as the action ran I notice it is only selecting other people's accounts to process and completely avoiding any of min. It wasn't doing this before the latest update.
Why so? This is strange.

As you should see from the log files, this particular action completed immediately with no retweets processed. Each of my accounts listed have recent tweets, most in the past few hours and virtually none of them have been retweeted by the account specified in the action. So I'm at a loss to explain what is going on now.
Its ok. We will try to do our best to help. just coopeate.

Can you think of any possible reason why TwitterDub is skipping my accounts/profile URLs when included in a file with others and fails on *all* of them when they are the only ones listed in the file?
Perhaps,

Blacklisting
whitelisting
already processed ... etc

Here is the output from text file for the waiting action if this helps (this isn't the actual output from the action I submitted the log for but it's virtually the same):
I already told you to send me steps and profiles that i can replicate the issue and you didn't provide any. I could help you.

Below informations didn't help me a lot..
SearchTerm:%path%\Twitter-Profile-URLs-All.txt
CustomSingleProcessingValue:
PauseMin:23
PauseMax:63
PercentItemsToProcess:0
NumMaxIncrementPerRepeat:0
StopNumMaxIncrementsAfter :0

I have sent the log number to admin. He will investigate and reply here back. Please be patient.

Regards
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

I listed the steps I used to create the action in an earlier post, but how do I send you the list of profiles? (The profiles can also be found in the latest log submission - just look in the results of the action I ran, they're all there).

I showed you the output file in case there were any settings visible there that could indicate a possible reason why some profiles are being ignored.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

sorry there has been some incorrect information in this thread. Am just going to clarify somethings
kevshTO wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 9:29 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Mon May 21, 2018 3:51 pm you are trying to RT profiles.
The program detects this, tries to pull the most recent tweet. In your logs, this fails because there are no tweets to scrape (private?)
then it cannot process nothing so displays the error (as you basically passed in nothing to retweet so it moves onto the next
I think I need to understand a little about how the program works. For example, does it consider a reply a tweet? How many tweets does it scan before it decides there are no tweets?
The issue here is, you are telling the program. RETWEET: this profile input.
You *SHOULD* be passing in a tweet to retweet. The program will do it's best to grab a recent tweet, but the options here are limited the routine is simply (get a tweet as the input data is wrong)

However, if you used the CUSTOM SEARCH module you would have a lot more options open to you, as the filter would be applicable and you can optionally control everything you asked about.

no, original means the original tweet which excludes retweets and replies
I don't recall a recent change on this functionality, but if you were updating from a very old version it could be
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

kevshTO wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:50 am

As you are providing a PROFILE URL as in the item to action on, it is this that is marked as processed. I would think you are duplicating the input, which is causing it to be removed due to your UNIQUE settingn.

As my last post above says, this is because you are passing in profiles to action directly.

What it sounds like you want to happen is.
Take the input profiles
Get the latest tweet

action on that tweet. Although it may sound the same, the differences are subtle but important. You are specifying to action on a profile, but you want to action on a tweet. When you action in the profile, the profile is the record, obviously at the point of retweet you cannot retweet a profile, so the program tried to get a tweet from that profile. But the ID of action is the profile.

By setting up a custom search, you are specfying to take profiles, get a tweet and action on the tweet, so the record ID is the tweet.

Hopefully that makes sense, if not, let me know and I will try to explain it better :)
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for your replies, Martin, but clearly there is something else going on here besides incorrect use of profile URLs in my actions. Let me be absolutely clear on a few points so instead of you telling me what I am doing wrong or should do differently you will take a look at what your software is doing differently than it was before.

1) The Retweet actions have NO problem retweeting tweets from accounts I do not own. Almost without fail it will NOT retweet ANY of the profiles I own. I am using the EXACT setup, including using a list that contains BOTH other people's profiles and my own. It outright skips mine and processes others. If the list of URLs consists ONLY of my profiles, it fails with none processed. As an example:

List #1:
https://twitter.com/MyUserProlife1
https://twitter.com/OtherUserProfile1
https://twitter.com/OtherUserProfile2
https://twitter.com/OtherUserProfile3

This will only process the last three and not even attempt the first (mine).

List #2:
https://twitter.com/MyUserProlife2
https://twitter.com/MyUserProlife3

This will fail immediately with no attempts on any profile tweets.

2) I have tried multiple ways to do this, including your suggestion of a Custom Search (though you didn't provide an example I experimented with a few that should work). So I still used the list of profile URLs then custom searches like RecentTweetsOf and ListMembers - Recent/LatestTweetOf, NONE of them would process MY URLs but worked fine with other people's. In one case, the action would retweet the specified accounts own tweets but none others and using List Members just told me the supplied URLs are not valid. That's a head scratcher. So I cannot use "From List" and I cannot use Custom Searches to retweet tweets from my own accounts (as in https://twitter.com/MyUserProlife1).

3) I understand your explanation in your last post, however, again, what I have been doing works fine with other people's accounts (using From List) but NOT mine. And again, this was not a problem until I updated to 1.4.3.3 and 1.4.3.4. And when I say that I mean, again, the very first action after I updated started having this problem (along with image posts not rescheduling after they completed which I brought up in another thread). And no, I doubt I was using a "much" older version as the software has a pop=u[ (which I cannot suppress even though I have the option un-checked in the Help menu, but that is a separate, albeit important, issue) and I update every time as soon as I see it.

So please, do what you can do try and repeat my actions and if you have success please tell me *exactly* the steps you took and I will try on my end. I can provide the exact list text files if that helps, just let me know where to send them. In the meantime I'm going to keep testing different things but I'm convinced at this point that something was altered in the update and that's where the problem is, not on my end.
Thanks.

Edit:
- I get now why List Members doesn't work - assume it wants a URL of a Twitter list.
- Is it possible the update corrupted or somehow messed up my database? If the update itself did not affect Retweet actions in any way then I'm thinking there's some reason why the software keep skipping/failing on accounts that I have registered with the software?
- Some more testing and I can retweet from my accounts using the list of profile URLs ... as long as "Unique Items per account" is not checked. The problem of course is if I uncheck this it will retweet the same tweets in the future. But this leads me to believe it's possible that the software is somehow incorrectly believing all of my accounts (or at least their tweets) have been processed/retweeted previously and so when it tries to load up the URL it's showing something like 14/16 items (assume that's recent tweets?) have already been processed, and in some cases all of them - of course that's impossible because they haven't been, or at least there are newer tweets available that haven't been processed. Yeah, that's probably confusing but it's a very odd situation.
kevshTO

Post by kevshTO »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 7:00 pm
kevshTO wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 1:50 am

As you are providing a PROFILE URL as in the item to action on, it is this that is marked as processed. I would think you are duplicating the input, which is causing it to be removed due to your UNIQUE settingn.

As my last post above says, this is because you are passing in profiles to action directly.

What it sounds like you want to happen is.
Take the input profiles
Get the latest tweet

action on that tweet. Although it may sound the same, the differences are subtle but important. You are specifying to action on a profile, but you want to action on a tweet. When you action in the profile, the profile is the record, obviously at the point of retweet you cannot retweet a profile, so the program tried to get a tweet from that profile. But the ID of action is the profile.

By setting up a custom search, you are specfying to take profiles, get a tweet and action on the tweet, so the record ID is the tweet.

Hopefully that makes sense, if not, let me know and I will try to explain it better :)
Yes, your explanation does make sense but still doesn't explain why the problems are only with my accounts (accounts I have added to TwitterDub) and not others? It should act the same for every account listed in the file and consider them all processed, but it doesn't, only Mine.

Now to really throw something bizarre into this, I have two accounts that don't seem to have this problem. If I set up a retweet action for either of those two accounts (that is, they are retweeting the profile URLs in the list), they retweet my accounts' tweets and others fine using the same From List option. And the only difference I can see between them and the others is that they don't use a proxy to access the Twitter API. I know, that shouldn't have anything do with it, but those two work, the others don't ... :shock:

As for the Custom Search, I have not been able to replicate what I am trying to with using the "From List" option. That is, I want to randomly pick tweets from a list of profile URLs. That list may have 40 profiles URLs and will include some of my own profiles as well as others (to mix things up basically - don't want account X to always been retweeting the exact same 10 accounts, for example).

It will retweet, say, 10 tweets per action with a minor fluctuation. So when done, it'll ideally have retweeted 10 or so tweets, 1 from each of 10 randomly chosen profiles from the list. The next day the action will repeat, this time maybe 8 retweets, a few may be from the same profiles retweeted the day before, some will be different.

If I try to replicate this using a Custom Search I have not found a way yet that will do this - at least without creating multiple processes that run concurrently. Instead, it will create a process for each Profile URL in the list, not randomly pick from them and use one process (like From List does). If I try using multiple account and check Share Across Accounts, same thing - multiple threads running concurrently and in this case it seems it each process will pick one Profile URL to retweet from and retweet the number specified for that account only (e.g. retweet 10 tweets from Profile A, not 1 from each of A,B,C, etc.). Not at all what I want.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

1) The Retweet actions have NO problem retweeting tweets from accounts I do not own. Almost without fail it will NOT retweet ANY of the profiles I own. I am using the EXACT setup, including using a list that contains BOTH other people's profiles and my own. It outright skips mine and processes others. If the list of URLs consists ONLY of my profiles, it fails with none processed. As an example:

List #1:
https://twitter.com/OtherUserProfile1
https://twitter.com/OtherUserProfile2
https://twitter.com/OtherUserProfile3
I don't think it is ignoring them because they are yours, it is ignoring them, because it has already processed them. I have tested this by trying to action from a file path of profiles. It will not duplicate the profile (by design)

kevshTO wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:24 pm
This will only process the last three and not even attempt the first (mine).
Instead of providing your profile URL, give one of your tweets (not already processed) and it will work I imagine

List #2:
https://twitter.com/MyUserProlife2
https://twitter.com/MyUserProlife3

This will fail immediately with no attempts on any profile tweets.
FAIL as in error? Or fail as in just not process?

Please send me a log of trying to retweet from a file of just 2 of your profiles.

Clear exist logs: HELP > LOGS > VIEW > delete all files
run the action DO NOT RUN OTHER ACTIONS AT THE SAME TIME
then submit logs HELP > LOGS > SUBMIT

then send your logs ID - the first 4 numbers is sufficient (displayed after successful uploading of logs)

2) I have tried multiple ways to do this, including your suggestion of a Custom Search (though you didn't provide an example I experimented with a few that should work). So I still used the list of profile URLs then custom searches like RecentTweetsOf and ListMembers - Recent/LatestTweetOf, NONE of them would process MY URLs but worked fine with other people's. In one case, the action would retweet the specified accounts own tweets but none others and using List Members just told me the supplied URLs are not valid. That's a head scratcher. So I cannot use "From List" and I cannot use Custom Searches to retweet tweets from my own accounts (as in https://twitter.com/MyUserProlife1).
You need to be careful with RECENT TWEETS and LATEST TWEET
RECENT will return many, paging through tweets to find an older tweeet to meet your MAX ITEMS if the more recent are already processed.
LATEST TWEET will return the latest tweet only. It will not page throught older results, it is LATEST or nothing.

So you want RECENT TWEETS OF
When I test with my file above that was failing with profile URLs, it now works as the search goes through the most recent tweets to find one I haven't processed.

As above, if this is not working for you, send issue specific logs
that the software is somehow incorrectly believing all of my accounts (or at least their tweets) have been processed/retweeted previously and so when it tries to load up the URL
The program has recorded it has retweeted from the profile of your account. As you passed in a profile. This means unique applies to the profile (the input value).

So with unique checked, it will not allow another retweet of that profile.

So I am assuming you have processed your accounts already. If you do the same with other peoples accounts, you will get the same.
Works the first time, then ignores.