RTing from List - Failing

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
kevshTO

Re: RTing from List - Failing

Post by kevshTO »

Thanks for your response and help. I've replied to a few of your points:

"FAIL as in error? Or fail as in just not process?
Please send me a log of trying to retweet from a file of just 2 of your profiles."

The log I posted previously should show what I mean (RT action #67371). It was a retweet of only my profile URLs and the process failed immediately after running with no retweets.

"I don't think it is ignoring them because they are yours, it is ignoring them, because it has already processed them. I have tested this by trying to action from a file path of profiles. It will not duplicate the profile (by design)"

If it wasn't clear (or implied) in my earlier posts, there isn't any difference between my profiles and the others in terms of how often or how recently they were processed. I monitored this for several days over multiple accounts and the action would retweet tweets from others profile URLs, but not mine. At all.

So, for example, a retweet action is created for Account A (that is the one that will perform the retweets) using a list of Profile URLs of both my accounts and others(roughly 15 of mine, 30 others), for say 8 retweets per action. It starts on Monday and set to repeat daily every day that week. When it runs on Monday it will skip all of mine and successfully retweet 8 of others' tweets. When it runs on Tuesday it will again skip all of mine and successfully retweet 8 of the others - perhaps 1 or 2 were the same accounts retweeted the day before).

After 4-5 days if what you're saying is true it should fail on all retweet attempts because it's processed all 45 of the profiles by now. But it doesn't, just mine.

"So with unique checked, it will not allow another retweet of that profile.
So I am assuming you have processed your accounts already. If you do the same with other peoples accounts, you will get the same. Works the first time, then ignores."

And that's my point addressed above - it doesn't ignore others after the first time. It's been that way for months for all profiles I retweet from - that is, until the last update when this problem surfaced: Ignores mine, processes others.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: RTing from List - Failing

Post by martin@rootjazz »

kevshTO wrote: Fri May 25, 2018 9:45 pm Thanks for your response and help. I've replied to a few of your points:

"FAIL as in error? Or fail as in just not process?
Please send me a log of trying to retweet from a file of just 2 of your profiles."

The log I posted previously should show what I mean (RT action #67371).
sorry, seems I missed that.

here we go
21:42:43: Checking results: 16 against already processed list: 2771 of: JoeySnatch
21:42:43: Checking: https://twitter.com/JoeySnatch (15)Ignore Url: <list of all removed>
21:42:43: Finish removing already processed: results :0 removed already processed: 16
so the lines in your file already have a processed record.

It was a retweet of only my profile URLs and the process failed immediately after running with no retweets.
No, it didn't fail. It correctly removed all previously processed items. Your inputs (lines) are found in the already processed database, thus are removed.

If it wasn't clear (or implied) in my earlier posts, there isn't any difference between my profiles and the others in terms of how often or how recently they were processed. I monitored this for several days over multiple accounts and the action would retweet tweets from others profile URLs, but not mine. At all.
Then I need logs showing.

Create a file containing 2 of your profiles and 2 random profiles.
Run the file.
From what you say the 2 random will run.
Run the file again.
I saw none will run, you are saying the 2 random profiles will run again. So I need to see this please

And that's my point addressed above - it doesn't ignore others after the first time. It's been that way for months for all profiles I retweet from - that is, until the last update when this problem surfaced: Ignores mine, processes others.
Can you please provide logs showing this. As for me in my tests it works as I said