Make accounts private

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Db949
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 am

Make accounts private

Post by Db949 » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:21 pm

Hi,

Is there an option to make all accounts private? I saw that there is an option for this on instadub and was wondering if I could do the same on twitterdub.

Kind regards,
DB

support@rootjazz
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Make accounts private

Post by support@rootjazz » Tue Apr 10, 2018 4:50 am

Db949 wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:21 pm
Hi,

Is there an option to make all accounts private? I saw that there is an option for this on instadub and was wondering if I could do the same on twitterdub.

Kind regards,
DB

I have asked admin to look intot his and the request will be considered for future inclusion. Admin may say something here if he thinks anything else more or less on this request.


Regards

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 17332
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Make accounts private

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:15 am

I couldn't find anything to allow this. I can look at doing through the website, but no promise. Remind me again in a week and I should have more time then to look at it

Db949
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 am

Re: Make accounts private

Post by Db949 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:55 pm

Just seeing this as I've been busy these few weeks so I guess this is the reminder, thank you for trying!

support@rootjazz
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Make accounts private

Post by support@rootjazz » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:13 am

Db949 wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:55 pm
Just seeing this as I've been busy these few weeks so I guess this is the reminder, thank you for trying!
Admin already stated that he couldn't find anything that will allow a twitter account to a private account. But, we would love to hear from you the steps by which we can make 1 twitter account private?

Can you please be directive on how we can do that? Where can we find the option?


Regards

Db949
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 am

Re: Make accounts private

Post by Db949 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:12 pm

What I mean when I say can you make the account private is can we have an option to switch a public twitter account to private. For example, I log into my twitter account on a computer via google chrome, I click on the circle with my profile picture on the top right hand corner of the page. then I click on settings and privacy; on the left side of the page right under 'account' you should see an option that says 'privacy and safety', click on that. Right under privacy it should say protect your tweets, if you check that and click on save changes your account then turns into a private account, which I'm talking about. I know this has to be achievable as there is an option for it on instadub.

support@rootjazz
Posts: 2319
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Make accounts private

Post by support@rootjazz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:46 am

Db949 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:12 pm
What I mean when I say can you make the account private is can we have an option to switch a public twitter account to private. For example, I log into my twitter account on a computer via google chrome, I click on the circle with my profile picture on the top right hand corner of the page. then I click on settings and privacy; on the left side of the page right under 'account' you should see an option that says 'privacy and safety', click on that. Right under privacy it should say protect your tweets, if you check that and click on save changes your account then turns into a private account, which I'm talking about. I know this has to be achievable as there is an option for it on instadub.
The explanation was helpful and we did get your point.
But, as TD works through Twitter API , i am not sure waht admin can do.
I am requesting admin to have a look here agina nd that the feature can be added easily.


:)


Regards

Db949
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 am

Re: Make accounts private

Post by Db949 » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:28 am

Thank you!

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 17332
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Make accounts private

Post by martin@rootjazz » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:19 pm

Currently not possible and I think is not possible via an API call. Would need something done via website, I will make a note to take a look and see what can be done

Db949
Posts: 117
Joined: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:31 am

Re: Make accounts private

Post by Db949 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:21 am

Thank you, has anything been done yet?

Post Reply