Please make a lil change

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
Bartekef

Please make a lil change

Post by Bartekef »

Hey
So I'm performing Send tweet mention action to my list, and I have 500-700 pause between action.

My issue is that some of these profiles from my list don't exist anymore, and when TwitterDUB try to perform action on them, it recognizes that they don't exist but perform the 500-700 sec pause nonetheless. And it really makes action time much longer.

Could you please change it that way, so the bot will just skip these items and go to next one without pause?

Thanks!
Bartekef

Re: Please make a lil change

Post by Bartekef »

Bartekef wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:29 am Hey
So I'm performing Send tweet mention action to my list, and I have 500-700 pause between action.

My issue is that some of these profiles from my list don't exist anymore, and when TwitterDUB try to perform action on them, it recognizes that they don't exist but perform the 500-700 sec pause nonetheless. And it really makes action time much longer.

Could you please change it that way, so the bot will just skip these items and go to next one without pause?

Thanks!
Also, when In 'send tweet mention' tab you can set to like/follow/ retweet. I don't know about retweet, but when I set up send tweet mention action with follow and like ticked, it doesnt follow nor like no tweets.
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

Plus now I see that it cancels the action after 10 fails (didnt find users 10 times in a row, because they no longer exist) so if I could turn off 'cancel action after 10 fails' that would also be helpful.

So, suming it up:
- shall twitterdub skip item if found that the user doesnt exist, instead of performing pause (send tweet mention action),
- when I perform Send tweet mention and additionally tick 'Follow', it doesn't follow
- should I be able to turn off 'cancel after 10 failed actions' (you did the same before to TwitterDUB direct messaging, upon my request)

Thank you!
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

Thanks!
I don't see any fix for this but admin may have some ideas for this. So, i am forwardingt his request to admin.
Also, when In 'send tweet mention' tab you can set to like/follow/ retweet. I don't know about retweet, but when I set up send tweet mention action with follow and like ticked, it doesnt follow nor like no tweets.
I'll check that and update here.
should I be able to turn off 'cancel after 10 failed actions' (you did the same before to TwitterDUB direct messaging, upon my request)
Please have a look to the below thread - You'll see how to ingore 10 items in a row error issue
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Thanks!
the problem is, that is a user provides a list that is mostly non-existing, then the program will scroll through quickly testing the value against twitters server and potentially going too fast.

Probably better if you just run a 404 check on your list before giving it to TD to process
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 11:40 pm
ok, I see an issue with follow before, but the others are working - will fix for next update
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bartekef wrote: Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:20 am Plus now I see that it cancels the action after 10 fails (didnt find users 10 times in a row, because they no longer exist) so if I could turn off 'cancel action after 10 fails' that would also be helpful.
Again although I can see why you'd want it for this case, the cancel is there as a protection, something failed 10 times in a row and should be looked at. In your case, your input file needs cleaning with a 404 checker (if is urls). To remove this, would cause issues for other accounts that want the cancel after 10 fails as perhaps there is a problem with the account and it doesn't want to keep going.

But if you can submit your logs, let me take a look perhaps there is something I can do.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 pm
ok, I see an issue with follow before, but the others are working - will fix for next update
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin
Bartekef

Post by Bartekef »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:32 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:07 pm
https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Regards,
Martin
Thanks a lot
Is there around such thing like 404 checker for twitter URLs? Because anytime you put non existing twitter profile url to your browser, it opens twitter site nevertheless, just informin you that user exists. But is that 404 ?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

sorry I wasn't clear. a 404 refers to a page that doesn't exist, the website will return a page, but the STATUS CODE will be marked as 404, so a scrape can check it.