Can I set tweeth length to 320? or something bigger than 280?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Can I set tweeth length to 320? or something bigger than 280?

Post by bitcoin »

Hello Martin,

I wrote a bunch of Tweet Images that are all close to the max of the tweet (280 characters). I know you can't exactly determine tweet length, but I always test my tweets so could I set the max tweet length for my account to 320? So your parser thinks it's all good and TD can do its thing and post the tweet?
support@rootjazz

Re: Can I set tweeth length to 320? or something bigger than 280?

Post by support@rootjazz »

IS 320 char allowed by twitter?
IF yes, then you can post that on twitter.

I am not sure what do you mean "I know you can't exactly determine tweet length,". Can you please explain?
ut I always test my tweets so could I set the max tweet length for my account to 320? So your parser thinks it's all good and TD can do its thing and post the tweet?
3 options to set max tweet length:

1)

TD > Settings > MAx tweet length > change it to whatever.

2.)

TD > Upadate accounts tab > Select x number of Accounts > Right click > Bulk change tweet length

3.)

TD > Update accounts tab > Double click on any account > Check Advanced setting from Right corener of the pop up window > Change max tweet length accordingly.

:)
Regards
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

sigh. Never mind. No time. My post started with Hello Martin for a reason but it's ok. I just don't have the time.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:27 am sigh. Never mind. No time. My post started with Hello Martin for a reason but it's ok. I just don't have the time.
support has given you the exact answer to the question asked, who the reply comes from is irrelevant.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Ok, I'll be seeing other bots. Thank you.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Of course that is your prerogative. However, please understand it is supports job to handle the support, this is to free my time up for coding / updates / new features etc as things were getting to the point I was answering basic support questions for 6+ hours a day (when the answers were already on the forum / in the docs / covered in tutorials) before even starting actual work.

Ultimately, this means, people cannot contact me directly for support, until it is deemed required / requires code changes / logs checking. Now I know everyone thinks their issue is the most important and pressing (and to them it is) but we have to weigh up everything and make overall decisions.

Regarding this issue, you got a better answer than I would have given, I would just have said "set the value I am sure you know how". As to if it works - I don't. I will let you into a secret, most questions I got asked / get asked I don't know the answers, all I do is run a test / read the logs. Which is what everyone "could" do, especially those more advanced users of which you are clearly one.

Anyway, I wish you all the best with what ever product you choose to use.

Regards,
Martin
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

not a secret at all and the main point of moving my campaigns to another bot.

For example: I cannot set the max tweet length above 280 as it turns out. But I need this otherwise your parsing errors of URLs will disqualify proper tweets for being too long. That would probably solve that other problem. But nobody knows what the fuck this bot is doing and I have a full time troubleshooting and posting bug reports and trying to help you fix the mess TD ultimately is.

I cannot use it to even do basic retweet tasks. I just want to keep using it for post images, all the rest is a write of for me unless I can't find anything better out there. Seen it's just retweeting, I doubt that will be hard to find.

So: you guys get your rest, and if I could get DATE mentioned in the actions' console logs that would be great. If that still is something extremely complicated for you, at least upgrade the max tweet length to something bigger for people like me. And don't start with that it can complicate matters for new users. If they set it to 300 it's their risk if a tweet gets denied by twitter.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:24 pm
For example: I cannot set the max tweet length above 280 as it turns out.
increased for next update
But nobody knows what the fuck this bot is doing and I have a full time troubleshooting and posting bug reports and trying to help you fix the mess TD ultimately is.
I am not going to deny you have found some bugs, but you do tend to consider "the bot doesn't work how I want and the developer does not include every update I want" with the bugs. Just because you expect a function to work one way, doesn't mean that is how it is supposed to work. i.e. fluctuate on repeat and your insistence it is a bug because you want it to fluctuate on start regardless that start is no a repeat. So your claims that nobody knows what the program is doing is false. Also you claim the program is a mess, again is just plain wrong

I cannot use it to even do basic retweet tasks.
Come on now that is just false. I think you are quite clearly capable of selecting:
Search: Hashtag
Input: keyword
MaxItems: 5
Click Retweet

to retweet 5 tweets....
So: you guys get your rest, and if I could get DATE mentioned in the actions' console logs that would be great. If that still is something extremely complicated for you
As I referred to above, not every user's request will be added. All requests are considered and the time to add and net worth to all users is factored.