Am I not understanding something? Why do I end up with many versions of the same Action after closing & restarting TD?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Am I not understanding something? Why do I end up with many versions of the same Action after closing & restarting TD?

Post by bitcoin »

I'm starting to notice something lately... I keep removing duplicate actions and I don't know if I should nor why there are duplicate tasks after restarting (updating) TD to begin with. Sometimes the Action has a schedule Date, sometimes only a Start Action date.

What could cause this and should I fully ignore all duplicate tasks after a restart? Or should I keep cleaning up tasks?

Kindly shine a little light on this :)
support@rootjazz

Re: Am I not understanding something? Why do I end up with many versions of the same Action after closing & restarting T

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2018 3:52 pm I'm starting to notice something lately... I keep removing duplicate actions and I don't know if I should nor why there are duplicate tasks after restarting (updating) TD to begin with. Sometimes the Action has a schedule Date, sometimes only a Start Action date.

What could cause this and should I fully ignore all duplicate tasks after a restart? Or should I keep cleaning up tasks?

Kindly shine a little light on this :)
This problem was noticed in instadub and now happening with Td. I want to tell you that this issue is happening to people who are / is running so many accounts. This can be fixed. I am reporting this issue to martin but if you send some duplicate action screenshots then it would be very helpful.
bitcoin

Re: Am I not understanding something? Why do I end up with many versions of the same Action after closing & restarting T

Post by bitcoin »

ebtcfoundation pops to the top of my head. I'll give it a better look now I know this is a bug. It's making my life a living horror nightmare :(

;p
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

Don't forget to give this thread a life later.
omegasolutions

Post by omegasolutions »

Had this issue as long as I've had Twitterdub, 6 months at least...

Martin can't duplicate the problem though...
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

That's horrible. That makes the program kind of useless :( My whole account is based on service frequency. If that gets messed up or can't trust which action is really doing something and which one is just running...

Sigh.

So Martin - Teamviewer? Status update?
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

It's almost like certain actions just don't stop and keep running after the initial day... And a new one gets scheduled then too...

Bug report ID:
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

your image shows SEARCH AND RETWEET has the issue. Is it just this action type or others?

I can see the action is a shared action.
Does it only happen to shared actions?

Does this issue occur ALL the time, or just sometimes? I mean, if you open app > add search 2 retweet actions > wait 10 minutes > restart > you have 4 search retweet actions?

Any pattern at all?

Are these repeating actions?
Are they daily runners?

How many original actions did you create? Just the one?

Before you restarted the app, how were the actions in the processor? Just the one processing action? Or had some previously completed / failed / cancelled?