Search Retweet stuck?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
support@rootjazz

Re: Search Retweet stuck?

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:25 pm :) well, we could start with the Retweet actions only...? I'm surprised that adding date time stamp is such a hassle. Say 25 modules in your sourcecode? Copy paste, no? :)
I am not the creator of the program, but i can say that with my experience in programming. :)
But, your answer is here. I think you are aware of the thing what martin said.
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1545&start=300
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Can you please stick to one communication channel. If I replied to email, then those replies are not here, so keep replyng to the email, please don't jump back forth.

I vaguely remember asking to know *what* you were trying to do exactly AND *how* you were trying to do it. Depending on that, what happenend may / may not be correct (by this I mean correct as in, as intended - not what you want
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:25 pm :) well, we could start with the Retweet actions only...? I'm surprised that adding date time stamp is such a hassle. Say 25 modules in your sourcecode? Copy paste, no? :)
I know I have told you this before :-)

There are many users of the program, all wanting little changes here and there. It just is not possible to do them all. Changes / updates /new features have to get weighted against the number of users who request it, the benefits of the features etc etc.

At the end of the day, a minor change requiring updates to many many modules, for a single user that no one else in over 5 years has ever requested, that may in fact annoy other users is unlikely to get added, especially when the requested functionality is available via another method (from the log .txt files) . It just is not possible to add it all.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I understand but I feel you underestimate the added value this would have: it gives confirmation. I still can't 100% trust TD to run on auto-pilot without checking up regularly. Going through the logs is a pain, as you know ;-)

That nobody asked in 5 years time... I also found bugs nobody mentioned in 5 years time... The others ain't meaning that much to me here to be honest :)

If I were requesting a feature to search and delete tweets... Then I'd understand & appreciate your answer. Now I'm mostly puzzled ;p
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

bitcoin wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:23 pm I understand but I feel you underestimate the added value this would have: it gives confirmation. I still can't 100% trust TD to run on auto-pilot without checking up regularly. Going through the logs is a pain, as you know ;-)
People always feel their must have feature has under estimated merit :)

But the request is noted, if more people come on board saying "yeah actually I hadn't thought of that, that would be amazing". I am happy (well not happy but..) to be overruled and consider it more important to add
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

It's not 'amazing', 'let's party'. It makes troubleshooting and just quickly checking how things are going so much easier. I always missed that info and I"m sure others will appreciate this info once it appears. You know I don't 'PUSH' for completely new features (though you often surprise), and I feel this is an easy one to do and it adds to the usability in general of TD.

Don't let me make bot accounts here ;p

:)
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

Don't let me make bot accounts here ;p

:)
:lol: