Is fluctuates Minutes working properly?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Re: Is fluctuates Minutes working properly?

Post by bitcoin »

I work global... a fixed local time is a fixed local time globally ;p

Maybe time for Martin to weigh in on this? It's not working for me. I want that first trigger action NOT when the action starts but when the pauze interval has passed... :(
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

I work globally... a fixed local time is a fixed local time globally ;p
Actually not but ok if you can manage them. :)

Maybe time for Martin to weigh in on this? It's not working for me. I want that first trigger action NOT when the action starts but when the pauze interval has passed... :(
I have told you 2 -3 times.
Martin has told you 2 times.
You have told us 3-5 times. :)

Well, i think something is really not working for you. I understand you are losing your patience and same we are clueless why it is not working for you.
Can you send a video? Must be full screen and not window cropped. I think the issue is with either TD or the VPS time. TBH this is the best way to figure out the issue. A video. And if you really want martin to help you, then i will ask martin to help you. :)

Let me know what can i do for you. :roll:
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Why are you changing the problem? The problem is not that is starts at 20:00 hours. The problem is that it starts at 20:00 and does not wait xy minutes.

The solution is to fix it. I don't see what a video can add. I included the log files, I included the screenshots, I included everything I can possibly give you - INCLUDING a "still" video made of screenshots.

:(
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:38 pm Why are you changing the problem? The problem is not that is starts at 20:00 hours. The problem is that it starts at 20:00 and does not wait xy minutes.

The solution is to fix it. I don't see what a video can add. I included the log files, I included the screenshots, I included everything I can possibly give you - INCLUDING a "still" video made of screenshots.

Okay. Somewhere in this thread i was puzzled regarding this not working matter. Martin is fully aware of this and i am resending a request to him that he can make a solution for you. :)

Well, no video needed.
Let' see what martin does.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:38 pm Why are you changing the problem? The problem is not that is starts at 20:00 hours. The problem is that it starts at 20:00 and does not wait xy minutes.

The problem is for you, that the module does not work how you want it. But the module does work as intended. All fluctuations throughout all apps works on the repeat. The code does not exist to fluct on start. It is a fluct on repeat.

If you want randomised starts, then you will need to randomise your DAILY RUN times

so fluct mins: X mins

acc1: dailyrun: 20:00
acc2: dailyrun: 19:00
acc3: dailyrun: 18:00
acc4: dailyrun: 17:00
acc10: dailyrun: 10:00

etc. Thus you can achieve what you want with functionality provided already. Let me direct here, with the aim of saving everyone time. I am not changing how fluct works. I am sure you think it is a simple change, but fortunately it is not, it will ruin continuity across all programs and I don't see the benefit, when you can already get the same results via a different setup
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Screenshot me where to set those minutes because I think I'm doing what you are proposing? And now, I was not going to say that. Nor did I ask for it. I know it must be possible, but I don't get it done. Despite numerous attempts to it. So either I'm missing something OR there's a bug.
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:41 pm Screenshot me where to set those minutes because I think I'm doing what you are proposing? And now, I was not going to say that. Nor did I ask for it. I know it must be possible, but I don't get it done. Despite numerous attempts to it. So either I'm missing something OR there's a bug.

Steps:

Goto Twitterdub retweet tab
Set retweet data
Set intervals and other parameters
Click on Daily Run at and set hour , minutes and fluct minutes.
Click retweet

After the first run, the fluctuation should start.

Please look at the image below,
This might help you.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Ok, that's what I've been doing too. Thank you.

So if I want that 1 single action to START running on different times each day... I keep hearing it's possible, but when it comes to the details it again becomes impossible ;p

So I have to conclude that TD's fluctuate minutes has NO effect whatsover on the running time of the FIRST action executed. So what does get randomized? Scheduling it for the next day? Because interval timings is not done here...
support@rootjazz

Ok, that's what I've been doing too. Thank you.

So if I want that 1 single action to START running on different times each day... I keep hearing it's possible, but when it comes to the details it again becomes impossible ;p
That's not true. For me, the time changes after first run following the fluct. Do you want this?

The fluct is working right after first run. This is not happening to your end? Then what is happening?

So I have to conclude that TD's fluctuate minutes has NO effect whatsover on the running time of the FIRST action executed. So what does get randomized? Scheduling it for the next day? Because interval timings is not done here...
The START time gets RANDOMIZED following by the fluct minutes.

So, i am not sure where is wrong actually.

For you,

You do set settings like me
The action executes
and schedules for the next day with same time or with same time + fluct minutes?
( please don't tell that the action runs immediately, :) this is only possible if you set the action on time which is already passed that day - 24 hours - cloak).