Can I retweet on advanced twitter search term from Popular results but ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz RTs

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
support@rootjazz

Re: Can I retweet on advanced twitter search term from Popular results but ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz R

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:25 am
The tweet filter tab has the option. :)
Can you show me?
Perhaps you are looking for this. :)
https://gyazo.com/6c21d4d8aa45ffcaeb82cd770c0b0017

If not working for you - must let me know.

advanced search term is something like:
blaat -KW1 -KW3 +KW2 OR +fubar

There's no real logic, but a normal not-advanced search would be:
blaat

And
blaat OR fubar would be 'advanced' in Twitter parlance... As would be +blaat.

It's just a basic search but with logic operators in it...
I understand. But, as the bot is performing through API, i can't say advanced search can be done via Twitter API or not. But, we can explictly say that advanced search can be done via twitter.com site as you know it very well. I am not sure and thanks for posting the clear view of the advanced search. Martin will give you proper answer - i have asked him for your requirement. :)

Regards
bitcoin

Re: Can I retweet on advanced twitter search term from Popular results but ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz R

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:48 pm ... shows 0, twitter responds with no results
{"statuses":[],"search_metadata":{"completed_in":0.005,"max_id":0,"max_id_str":"0","query":"%24BAR","count":40,"since_id":0,"since_id_str":"0"}}
But it says: "count":40" - so doesn't that mean there were 40 results? Thank you for the testing btw - I do not have time for that :( But I'm willing to work with you when needed ;-)

bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Oh I did notice the Likes-number you meant: https://gyazo.com/6c21d4d8aa45ffcaeb82cd770c0b0017

I missed that, apologies. Still missing: amount of RTs. Funny thing is, Followliker has the opposite problem: it can count RTs but not Likes - lol (sigh).

;p
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:33 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:48 pm ... shows 0, twitter responds with no results
{"statuses":[],"search_metadata":{"completed_in":0.005,"max_id":0,"max_id_str":"0","query":"%24BAR","count":40,"since_id":0,"since_id_str":"0"}}
But it says: "count":40" - so doesn't that mean there were 40 results? Thank you for the testing btw - I do not have time for that :( But I'm willing to work with you when needed ;-)

That is the complete response as returned. Regardless of reporting the count as 40, they return 0 results.

Perhaps twitter has an issue, that causes the response to error out and not return the results due to some tweets, which would explain why it works sometimes, but other times not.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

actually you can check on retweets, the label #COMMENTS is wrong, it should #RETWEETS

The next update will fix this labelling issue. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:57 pm actually you can check on retweets, the label #COMMENTS is wrong, it should #RETWEETS

The next update will fix this labelling issue. I shall let you know when it is ready.

Regards,
Martin
o
m
g

...!
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:23 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote: Sat Jan 20, 2018 1:57 pm actually you can check on retweets, the label #COMMENTS is wrong, it should #RETWEETS

Regards,
Martin
o
m
g

...!
Must update the current situation. :)