Can I retweet on advanced twitter search term from Popular results but ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz RTs

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

Can I retweet on advanced twitter search term from Popular results but ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz RTs

Post by bitcoin »

I want to retweet the best tweets with $BAR in it so I created the following search:
$BAR -win -bonus

I Filter with Tweet Search (Popular) (100) and I also looked at Tweet Interactions (but that is something completely different: viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1647&p=26494&hilit ... ons#p26420).

So I'm wondering how can I only retweet Popular Tweets which have a minimum RT amount AND a minimum like amount?
support@rootjazz

Re: Can I retweet on advanced twitter search term from Popular results but ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz R

Post by support@rootjazz »

I want to retweet the best tweets with $BAR in it so I created the following search:
$BAR -win -bonus
I understand and i have replicated your issue. I am getting 0 results if i use popular search from custom search. Perhaps this query is not in proper format or something else.
Can you please tell me what are you trying to do? therefore i can check and find a solution for you.

It seems like if you want to find tweet having $BAR -win -bonus, it's not ok or you need to search via other ways. I have replicated and searched in twitter and i now understand what do you want.

Update: You need to use recent tweets and set custom result. Instead of 0 in custom search.

Custom search > Tweet search (recent) ( set the resullt number higher than 0 to return more that you can filter more )
Put the query in the field
Hit retweet

This will return so many results.

For me this query in twitter..com returned nothing at once.
query = $BAR -win -bonus
Results returned = parts of the string. Either $BAR or -win or -bonus in tweets.

For TD - results are coming, but not too exact what you want.

This is interesting and et me know if the problem is solved or not. I will be waiting for the update. If possible give me more data that we can return more exact matches.

Regards
bitcoin

Re: Can I retweet on advanced twitter search term from Popular results but ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz R

Post by bitcoin »

I understand and i have replicated your issue. I am getting 0 results if i use popular search from custom search.
This is a twitter bug - I posted about this before. A search will work one day, and the next day twitter will block you for that search by giving you 0 results.

Trust me, if you search for $BAR -kw -kw2, you get a LOT of results, also with Popular as well as with latest.

I had this problem with this search:
It seems like if you want to find tweet having $BAR -win -bonus, it's not ok or you need to search via other ways.
The search query is technical sound https://twitter.com/search-advanced?lang=en.
Update: You need to use recent tweets and set custom result. Instead of 0 in custom search.
The Recent Tweets is not what I need. I really need Top Results (like in popular: not like in top as in top of the pyramid, the latest ones)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

No, the problem hasn't even been addressed... :(

See SUBJECT!

;p
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:35 pm No, the problem hasn't even been addressed... :(

See SUBJECT!

;p
Very very clear. Thanks for the detailed words.
The thread has been reported to martin. HE will take care of this from now i hope. :)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Post by martin@rootjazz »

Not sure what to say:

recent: $bar works
popular $bar doesn't

recent $xrp works
popular $xrp works

try again bar:
recent: works
popular doesn't

I thought perhaps was encoding, but the fact recent and other $xxx works, implies it is not encoding.

So as you say, seems to be twitter based, I have watched the network and it is a case of twitter returning 0 results, not that twitter is returning results and the program fails to handle them - swallows the error and shows 0, twitter responds with no results
{"statuses":[],"search_metadata":{"completed_in":0.005,"max_id":0,"max_id_str":"0","query":"%24BAR","count":40,"since_id":0,"since_id_str":"0"}}
IF that is what twitter responds, that is what they respond. Unfortunately not something I can do anything about
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Ok, great, we're all on the same line.

Now, my question...? Can I retweet on advanced twitter search term from Popular results but ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz RTs
support@rootjazz

advanced twitter search term
I don't see a place in TD with that term but it has in twitter. I will ask martin about this.
ONLY if they have a minimum xy Likes AND yz RTs
The tweet filter tab has the option. :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

advanced search term is something like:
blaat -KW1 -KW3 +KW2 OR +fubar

There's no real logic, but a normal not-advanced search would be:
blaat

And
blaat OR fubar would be 'advanced' in Twitter parlance... As would be +blaat.

It's just a basic search but with logic operators in it...
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

The tweet filter tab has the option. :)
Can you show me?