retweeting & crawling back in time

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
bitcoin

retweeting & crawling back in time

Post by bitcoin »

Question... A prospect asked this and I couldn't properly address why it wouldn't be a problem.

Case: I retweet an account for, say, 3 times per day (I use tab RT, daily schedule, max 3 times per day; 3 random interval over 8 hour periods).

Now what happens if that account every day posts 15 new fresh tweets, all worthy of retweeting. Will TD slowly lag behind and start tweeting older and older tweets?
A. when I search for: User Tweets,
B. when I search for: Latest Tweets

Thank you :)
support@rootjazz

Re: retweeting & crawling back in time

Post by support@rootjazz »

Now what happens if that account every day posts 15 new fresh tweets, all worthy of retweeting. Will TD slowly lag behind and start tweeting older and older tweets?
If i understood correctly then ,

Case 1 :
A. when I search for: User Tweets,
- Should return "x" users tweets ( not looking for any day, mins,or recent, just tweets, no priority is set here like old or new )

Case 2:
B. when I search for: Latest Tweets
- Must be most latest tweets( how many? it can be set from custom search ) of user "x" .

IF i have answered wrong, please ask with more details.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Is there a way to control the amount of tweets that is collected? I can see how that would prevent the problem, but I don't think I noticed an option for this? :)
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:45 pm Is there a way to control the amount of tweets that is collected? I can see how that would prevent the problem, but I don't think I noticed an option for this? :)
Yes! I assume you are using custom search?

On custom search setup, click on elements and you will see "0" as default - limit that. :)

Hope it will solve the issue.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

not an issue yet - but I'm sure I'll get back to this again when I have this concern again (retweeting crawling back in time).

PS: what will value 0 do? Is that unlimited?
support@rootjazz

bitcoin wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:19 pm not an issue yet - but I'm sure I'll get back to this again when I have this concern again (retweeting crawling back in time).

PS: what will value 0 do? Is that unlimited?
You can give this thread a life whenever you want in future. :)

Value 0 is unlimited but gives more priority to the MAX ITEM which can be found outside of custom search. IF you set any number instead of 0 then the bot must scrape that much result and then post / tweet / like according to max item.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Ok, I had a Retweet action running for an account.

Say I want it to check every hour and Retweet at most 3 tweets every hour. I also don't want it to crawl back in time.

As I understood you correctly, if I filter on LatestTweetsBy and doubleclick that to change 0 value to 5 I'll always be working with the latest 5 tweets, correct?

Because it did not work that way for me. Instead I found myself retweeting stuff from November pretty quickly - upsetting some ppl in the process :)

Note: I did not have the option stop searching after result has been found enabled.

So... Can you confirm? :)
support@rootjazz

Just to stop your all kind of confusion, i have replicated your issue and i am giving you steps that should return the most latest tweet of user "x"

Steps:

Open twitterdub
Goto retweet tab
Select the account
Put the Twitter account URL in the blank field
Set max action = 1 ( if you want to post 1 and latest then use these settings, otherwise find a solution yourself. )
Click custom search
Double click LatestTweetOf
Double click on it and set value 1 ( returns only 1 value - the latest 1 )
Save it .
Set time parameter and hit retweet.

Above steps worked for me without any problem.
Good luck. :)

Regards
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

LatestTweetOf or LatestTweetsOf

There is a difference. Latest Tweet (not tweets) won't do. Ppl tweet in batches, it's up to me to retweet that through the day.
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

And if I set it to 5 items max. - why is crawling back in time: it should focus on the latest 5 tweets, not start crawling back in time.