Q: can I automatically remove every DM with URL domain in it?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Q: can I automatically remove every DM with URL domain in it?

Post by martin@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 10:02 pm looks like there is a BUG?

The keyword isn't saved :) That might explain some results too... ;p
The ignore words were saved (Confirmed) just not reloading into the control (fixed)
esults of a non-strict search on 'instagram' (hoping to remove all instagram links):
DMs are not removed if the contain 'instagram' URLs.

Full Word Match on 'instagram' does not remove all instagram links. I'll re-test with Full Word Match disabled (but as far as I know I tested that first).
What do you mean by "not removed". The logs didn't match? Or the messages were not removed from your phone (they might not if they have already downloaded as may be cached locally) and the program cannot remove these, but it "should" stop the messages you haven't seen from being seen
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

I'll test again in the next update. If no KW sentences can be filtered, I'm still very happy if I at least can remove any reference to instagram ;-)
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

found a bug with partial match deletion

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

Added better logs regarding attempts to destroy the DM and whether successful and if any issues reported from twitter meaning failed to delete will be logged as well, so at least you will know

Regards,
Martin
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:34 pm
Sent to martin. :)
bitcoin

Post by bitcoin »

Can I get it back? I don't think it is working. WIth partial match on instagram I still see instragram links from yesterday(s) and today. I'll have to take a proper look to doublecheck but it feels like it's failing.
support@rootjazz

Post by support@rootjazz »

bitcoin wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:26 pm Can I get it back? I don't think it is working. WIth partial match on instagram I still see instragram links from yesterday(s) and today. I'll have to take a proper look to doublecheck but it feels like it's failing.
Please post the link type. I am sure it is not just instagram.com. I will run some test on your link types when you post them.

What and what is not working for you.
SkullLife

Re: Q: can I automatically remove every tweet with URL domain in it?

Post by SkullLife »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:30 pm next update will add option to delete on twitter when scraping DMs locally. I shall let you know when ready
I see that this works to delete on twitter if the DM has a matching keyword which is great. It does not seem to have a way to "delete all" though. Is there a way to do this? I have a few hundred messages and am wanting to clear my inbox. I used this thread to figure out how to delete a lot of them by adding a filter but still have a bunch left.
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

No, currently no function to do this. But I just added it, so the next update will allow you to delete messages on server after TD reads then and stores them locally

I'll let you know when ready (later today)