The Same Followers on multiple accounts

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: The Same Followers on multiple accounts

Post by martin@rootjazz »

omegasolutions wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 4:17 pm

Its followers as in the screenshots above. But it's essentially the same thing if these brand new accounts had 0 followers and 0 followings until I started Twitter dub with the criteria given to me.
ok, I think we can safely assume these followers are due to your actions and they are following you back. thus the update above will log who you process and from which action, including search term.

It might also be useful if you can submit your logs, at least once a week. The app logs get automatically cleared out after 7 days, so when you submit there is only ever the last 7 days of logs. So if you submit each week and note the logs ID for me, then I can go back through X weeks if need be
Bri

Post by Bri »

martin@rootjazz wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:37 am cross action contamination
Sounds like that is happening to me, with my main account not selected to retweet anything, but for some reason, its retweeting my own tweets again. old topic i know, but just reading through other stuff
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Can you submit your database:

Please goto:
Press "windows" (start) button on keyboard and hold it down then press r.

In the run box paste:
%appdata%\rootjazz\twitterdub

In the folder that opens, right click the folder
database

then select SEND TO > COMPRESSED (ZIP)

Then send me the created zip file. Email if the file is less than 8mb, otherwise upload somewhere and email me the link

Code: Select all

support[at]rootjazz[dot]com
Regards,
Martin
Bri

Post by Bri »

Hi Martin,

I couldn't find my post I made for support, with one of my problems, can you remember me telling you my main account was retweeting my own tweets?

well I found something that could be the culprit, I exported a database with data, right click on an account then export accounts with database records, a ghost account, the size is 3,925kb, but on my main account (that is retweeting & liking my own posts) the size is like 6kb lol. and I dont understand why, as this is the main and longest running account to be used in the bot, so really, my main account should be the biggest db
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

https://rootjazz.com/twitterdub/updatetesting.html

This might help or at least give more info if happens again
Bri

Post by Bri »

Still shows 103kb for the main account, it should be a lot bigger

how can i merge all data to all accounts? follows, likes, rts, etc?
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Bri wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 10:34 pm Still shows 103kb for the main account, it should be a lot bigger

how can i merge all data to all accounts? follows, likes, rts, etc?
sorry I wasn't clear. It is not going to help with that. But, it should help with accounts apparently using wrong cookies (which I think is the issue you had).

for merging processed records:

check accounts > right click > merge processed items

do this on the follow tab and follow processed records are merged, for likes, do it on like tab etc

Regards,
Martin
Bri

Post by Bri »

Fantastic that worked brilliantly, it is now showing a size of 6698 KB. Much better. Thank you
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Just a FYI incase others get here: (not really related to op)

--------------------------------

To not process duplicate items across multiple accounts, you have multiple options.

1) SHARED ACTIONS.
When you run a SHARED ACTION, the "already processed" lists for each account in the shared action is used to ensure, no item is processed if any of the accounts in the shared action have already processed the item. Additionally, the items that are processed in the shared action are recorded by all accounts and not processed by any account (in the shared action) in the future (even if an account is running a single account action)

2) Manual MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS.
On the action tabs (eg follow tab) you can select multiple accounts and select MERGE PROCESSED ITEMS. This will run a function to merge the processed items lists of all selected accounts at that point in time. Meaning no item processed by any account in the merge *already* will be processed again. This is a one-off merge, meaning the processed lists will diverge as you run more separate actions in future. Please note, if you perform this on the follow tab, only the followed processed items are merged.

3) Global processed logs - (most of the time people want this option)
Again, on the action tabs (eg follow tab) select your accounts, right click GLOBAL PROCESSED LOGS > ADD
What this does is sync all select accounts togeth their processed lists. This means the synced accounts will never process duplicate items regardless of what type of actions is used (shared / single). The difference between (2) "manual merge" is that this is a permanent sync, there will never be any duplication. Again this only applies to the action tab applied to (so only follow items if performed on the follow tab, only like items if performed on like tab)
Bri

Post by Bri »

Thanks, glad to hear this is a Global process, and this is a permanent sync.

What does this actually do, because I clicked on all accounts, and nothing happened, I expected it to hang or take longer, is it adding a tag or something? I didnt get the impression it merged anything because it finished the process in seconds