Problem with authentication

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
massu4

Problem with authentication

Post by massu4 »

I've just sent the logs logs_85894_
I cannot autheticate my twitter account.
It was working till last week. I have tried to update the software to the latest stable version, but it still does not work.
I followed all the steps of the guide:
Account Details. CHECKED

Verification data is complete
If your account tries to log in from a new IP / Proxy, twitter MAY show a verification page, where Twitterdub has to enter your email address or the phone number associated with the account. This information can be entered into the account details form, accessed by double clicking the account in the accounts list. ADDED MAIL AND PHONE NUMBER.

Consumer Keys are correct
If you have manually entered the consumer api keys (global or custom) make sure you haven't got the secret in the key box and vice versa. Make sure the keys are correct, no additional spaces. CHECKED SEVERAL TIMES AND ALSO TRIED TO CREATE NEW ONES

Turn off 2factor authentication
I have created a new app and generate new Key and Secret, but it does not work.
The 2 factor authentication is disabled. 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION IS DISABLED.

Please let me know.
Thank you
support@rootjazz

Re: Problem with authentication

Post by support@rootjazz »

massu4 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2017 11:41 am I've just sent the logs logs_85894_
I cannot autheticate my twitter account.
It was working till last week. I have tried to update the software to the latest stable version, but it still does not work.
I followed all the steps of the guide:
Account Details. CHECKED

Verification data is complete
If your account tries to log in from a new IP / Proxy, twitter MAY show a verification page, where Twitterdub has to enter your email address or the phone number associated with the account. This information can be entered into the account details form, accessed by double clicking the account in the accounts list. ADDED MAIL AND PHONE NUMBER.

Consumer Keys are correct
If you have manually entered the consumer api keys (global or custom) make sure you haven't got the secret in the key box and vice versa. Make sure the keys are correct, no additional spaces. CHECKED SEVERAL TIMES AND ALSO TRIED TO CREATE NEW ONES

Turn off 2factor authentication
I have created a new app and generate new Key and Secret, but it does not work.
The 2 factor authentication is disabled. 2 FACTOR AUTHENTICATION IS DISABLED.

Please let me know.
Thank you

I have reported the log to martin and he will look in to it and get back to you as soon as possible. Please be patient.

Regards
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin

Re: Problem with authentication

Post by martin@rootjazz »

you set your API keys up incorrectly

<error>Desktop applications only support the oauth_callback value 'oob'</error>
watch the tutorial, look at the forum post with images and pay attention to the callback Url value (maybe called server callback or something like that). You may have to scroll down to see it.