Action Repeating - Why?

Support / help / discussion forum for twitter bot
User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 17700
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm

I added the action as you described exactly.
I run it it and the action rescheduled for 11:00 tomorrow.

Nothing else has duplicated or run.

From what I understand, I just leave the app open and after a while, there is a duplication? I don't have to do anything else? No restart app, no add other actions?

Just wait?

kevshTO
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by kevshTO » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:11 pm

martin@rootjazz wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm
I added the action as you described exactly.
I run it it and the action rescheduled for 11:00 tomorrow.

Nothing else has duplicated or run.

From what I understand, I just leave the app open and after a while, there is a duplication? I don't have to do anything else? No restart app, no add other actions?

Just wait?
Okay, I posted a single action from today, ID #49312.

In this case, a Search Like action that was scheduled to run once each day ran at the desired time did so, and then immediately upon completion created another action scheduled to run just minutes later (it's actually running as I type this) instead of creating an action (i.e. rescheduling) for the next day. If I let this second action complete it will then create another action for the correct time the next day.

So basically it's doing the same action twice, always within a couple of hours but most often within 30 minutes of the first, and then rescheduling for the same time the next day.

There are no other actions, I leave the app open (I sleep my laptop at night and restart the app in the morning, however I have left it running all night in some cases and the issue is still present). And it seems to occur with new accounts and therefore entirely new actions as well, as I have discovered through testing. What's really peculiar (as I mentioned earlier) is that I'm having the exact same issue with TumblrJazz, so if that sheds any light on what could be going on ... other than that not sure what else I can provide you to help narrow down the source of this issue.

Edit: I forgot to mention it doesn't happen with every individual action, some just reschedule to the next day as expected, though they are in the minority. Thus far I haven't been able to determine if there's any common characteristics of those that behave properly and don't - it seems to effect all action types and accounts.

kevshTO
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by kevshTO » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:23 pm

Image

Here's a screen shot showing an example of what happens. As you can see from the top image, the action (highlighted) is processing as scheduled (14:03). Immediately upon finishing (note the creation time of 14:15 as the process took 10 mins. or so to complete) TD schedules a repeat action for 15:31 (highlighted in bottom image). When the second action completes it will schedule for 14:00 (or so, based on fluctuation) for the next day. To avoid it repeating I will instead manually reschedule for tomorrow, otherwise I'd get 2 actions each day within a short timeframe.

Similar to the example I detailed earlier, I use the same process - always using Daily Run At and not touching the Repeat hours/times, etc. values.

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 17700
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:12 pm

sorry late reply, I didn't notice your reply, checking logs

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 17700
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:19 pm

kevshTO wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:11 pm
martin@rootjazz wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:58 pm
I added the action as you described exactly.
I run it it and the action rescheduled for 11:00 tomorrow.

Nothing else has duplicated or run.

From what I understand, I just leave the app open and after a while, there is a duplication? I don't have to do anything else? No restart app, no add other actions?

Just wait?
Okay, I posted a single action from today, ID #49312.

In this case, a Search Like action that was scheduled to run once each day ran at the desired time did so, and then immediately upon completion created another action scheduled to run just minutes later (it's actually running as I type this) instead of creating an action (i.e. rescheduling) for the next day. If I let this second action complete it will then create another action for the correct time the next day.
Sorry I think I have been misunderstanding you.

So you have a search like as a daily runner.
You add the action.
It runs and completes. It then reschedules FOR THE WRONG TIME, for a few minutes in the future.
This incorrectly scheduled action then runs, completes then reschedules for the next day correctly.

Can you confirm that please.

I thought your action was rescheduling and creating multiple actions at the same time, not just rescheduling incorrectly. This gives me some places to check (actually recheck as I probably missed the issue looking for the wrong effects)

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 17700
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 1:20 pm

yes I can see what you explain now.

This is from teh log on the 2017-12-06
12:57:59: Action ran for: 0hr:17min:53s
12:57:59: Repeat action: daily runner: 13:15
12:57:59: Fluctuate wait: 101
12:57:59: Random fluctuate: 101
12:57:59: Next Daily runnner: After Fluctuated2017-12-06 1:02 PM
12:57:59: clone: searchlike ea5c9e73-d9b6-4508-ab9f-aaf8eda4acae
12:57:59: Scheduled to: 2017-12-06 1:02 PM
and the scheduled date: 2017-12-06 1:02 PM

That is the SAME DAY, as you say. Ok I think I have an idea on the cause. Give me some minutes to check

User avatar
martin@rootjazz
Site Admin
Posts: 17700
Joined: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm
Location: The Funk
Contact:

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by martin@rootjazz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:14 pm

I have the issue, your fluct time is too big and breaking the routine.

daily run: 11:00
action completes at: 11:03

the fluctuation is 10 minutes:

To work out next time, the program sets TODAY with the daily runner time: 11:00
applies the fluct: +10, daily run time now 11:10
This time is AFTER current time (11:03)
So the program assumes it still has to run today *bug here*

It works this way, otherwise when you add the action the first time, say you add the action at 10:00 for a daily run of 11:00 you would expect t to run today, not ignore todays 11:00 and start tomorrow...


Anyway, next update will fix it


kevshTO
Posts: 59
Joined: Tue Oct 24, 2017 3:09 pm

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by kevshTO » Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:27 pm

I wanted to give it a day of monitoring before responding - everything seems to be working as expected now.

Thanks for looking into this and applying the fix!

support@rootjazz
Posts: 2317
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Re: Action Repeating - Why?

Post by support@rootjazz » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:53 am

kevshTO wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 3:27 pm
I wanted to give it a day of monitoring before responding - everything seems to be working as expected now.

Thanks for looking into this and applying the fix!
Welcome and waiting for the report.

Post Reply